September 2020 – Keep, Downsize, or Postpone? POLL

posted 3 weeks ago in Ceremony
  • poll: What would you do?

Keep Sept 2020 vows but family only and redo all ceremony/reception in 2021

Keep Sept 2020 vows but family only and then have the big cultural ceremony/reception in 2021

Wait on weddings all together this year and have it all in 2021

Keep September 2020 - we are aware of the risk and will most likely not be going thru route

• Post # 2
    2162 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2020

I would just do the vows now and save the big celebration for next year. It’s just not safe right now 🙁 The numbers have been crazy lately. I’m so sorry for all of the stress you’ve been going through. 

Post # 3
    433 posts
    Helper bee

It depends on how long you want to wait to be married.  In your place, I would want to become legally married asap and could then organise a celebration when it is safer.  Less stress for you, safer for your guests, overseas ones won’t miss out and because you will already be married, it should lift a little of the stress for next year.

But if you want to postpone the whole thing, that is fine too – go with whatever you think best.

Post # 4
    2536 posts
    Sugar bee

I voted vows now with only local family and the big celebration in 2021 because I’d want to be married asap. (I would not want any of my immediate family to fly, that’s why I said local only. ) If that would not feel right for you because you want to do it all at once, then postpone until 2021.

Post # 5
    881 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

It seems like there’s a lot going on here, if I were you I’d try and hold off until next year, if I had to be married though I would just do the 2 of us, and then have a sort of vow renewal and celebration at a later date, as of right now I don’t  think anyone should expext another person to attend anything right now. The numbers are steady climbing and who knows what it’ll be like in Sept. 

I have friends that quietly eloped for personal reasons. And then had a “wedding” later on it didn’t seem to damper anything and everything was beautiful and worked out for them

good luck!

Post # 8
    433 posts
    Helper bee

I don’t think people will feel left out.  And I think you will still feel pretty special having your big celebration because you didn’t get to have it when you got married.

If you don’t want to wait a year to get married then do it asap and then you can think about what kind of celebration you want once things are safer.

Post # 11
    881 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
    @Bhagya Ari:  I think in a time like this, people would be completely understanding. We’ve all had to make extreme adjustments, and do what’s best for our safety and sanity!

I don’t  think anyone would feel left out in the current climate of the world.♥️

Post # 13
    5235 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    @Bhagya Ari:  I’m not understanding clearly. Can you explain what would be the difference between option A and B?

Post # 15
    3316 posts
    Sugar bee

I would go for marry now, party later. But I do agree with you that it won’t be the same. That doesn’t mean it won’t be amazing or special, but it will have a different vibe then a wedding.

I personally don’t love weddings so I would personally think it more fun to have a celebration later. Much more celebratory, and could be different then the usual “boring” festivities. 

I would not do a do-over “wedding” because I would feel like it’s fake. (Before people flip their lids I said I would feel it’s fake, others can feel how they like about it). 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors