September 2020 Mamas

posted 4 weeks ago in Pregnancy
Post # 76
171 posts
Blushing bee

MrsChatham :  my son loves older kids, but doesn’t really care about babies lol I’m really interested to see how he interacts with a sibling πŸ˜† 

chillbee29 :  With my son, I wanted to give birth in a center but I unfortunately had to be induced. Like  szainy  said, Pitocin is very very hard. I’m hoping this time around to go unmedicated and brith center. 

Post # 77
717 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

mrsssb :  I started a progesterone/baby aspirin supplement yesterday and I slept like a ROCK! So I woke up today feeling really good and headache free πŸ˜€ 

chillbee29 :  I’ve been making sure to drink a lot of water so I doubt it’s that. I figured hormonal it just sucks cause I can’t take anything! But my progesterone supplement had me sleeping so good last night that I woke up feeling nice and refreshed today. 

Post # 78
712 posts
Busy bee

maa105 :  Yeah, I knew the age of viability was debatable. πŸ™‚ That is why I gave a range.

chillbee29 :  I wanted an unmedicated birth with my first, but I was induced and had Pitocin. I’ve heard the contractions on Pitocin are way worse, but I don’t have anything else to compare it to. It was bad, though!! And honestly once I got the epidural I felt like I could sit back, relax, and really enjoy the final moments before my baby was here so I actually thought that was amazing and will probably get an epidural again whether I am induced or not. πŸ™‚

mrsssb :  As someone who’s had a baby, I have to tell you that you shouldn’t be “frustrated” about not looking pregnant and having to constantly feel like you are waiting when there’s lots of people that wish they could be in your shoes. πŸ™‚ It’s hard to wait for the “fun” stuff, but try to enjoy it because when you are 38 weeks pregnant and peeing all the time and not able to sleep you will be saying the opposite and will feel frustrated that you are so huge hahaha.

tommywantwingy :  Did your doctor recommend the low dose aspirin? That’s so interesting, my doctor has always said only Tylenol when you’re pregnant. Glad to hear it’s helping you!

Post # 79
717 posts
Busy bee

tm6173 :  she did to help prevent blood clots since I’m taking progesterone now. I actually don’t know if that baby aspirin took my headache away or if it was the amazing sleep I got from the progesterone haha

Post # 81
1059 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

tommywantwingy :  omg i am so jealous over here with your good sleep! Husband snored all night and I haven’t been able to get a good nights sleep for a week! I feel like i wake up every 5 minutes and i can’t get comfortable. I dont’ even have a bump but my body just can’t find a position it likes! ughh. Dyyyying at work right now for a nap. 

tm6173 :  haha true! Trying to be patient but its super hard. I don’t want to start an argument but can we keep the, dont’ complain because some people wish they were pregnant, stuff off this thread? πŸ™‚ I understand that sentiment but I have never thought that was really appropriate. I want us to all feel free to express our frustrations and emotions about our babies as this thread moves forward without feeling like we need to filter our feelings through someone else’s experience. And i can tell there are going to be A LOT of things about this pregnancy that I am going to despise haha, even though at the same time im so grateful to be pregnant. lol. 

By The Way anyone else going to be a Stay-At-Home Mom when baby comes? I am and i cant’ freaking wait to quit this job. Worked here for 5 years and it has been a thankless horrible situation for that entire time. I told them im pregnant so for the first time ever working here i feel they can’t fire me, and since the law is pretty clear here about discrimination, i am happy knowing that I can take lots of sick days (we get unlimited) also because they let another person in our department with a disability work from home often and take lots of sick time, they have to let me do that too since the law is clear on that. What they provide for one employee they must provide for all. 

Post # 82
717 posts
Busy bee

mrsssb :  my first pregnancy I was prescribed Unisom sleep tablets for my nausea so I wonder if you used that to help you sleep at night? My eyes were burning at work yesterday from tossing and turning the night before!! 

Post # 83
712 posts
Busy bee

mrsssb :  I’m not sure you understood what I meant. I was just reminding you to be grateful, which you said at the end of your response that you are. And I am sorry you felt my comment was inappropriate, but I really don’t. I’m sure we can agree to disagree on this one. I’ve watched friends go through fertility struggles and I guess I just can’t find much to be frustrated about when my body is doing this cool growing a human thing haha. I prefer to celebrate milestones myself instead of find things to be frustrated about, but I guess that is just me. πŸ™‚ Also not trying to start an agrument, so we have that in common.

Post # 84
1059 posts
Bumble bee

tm6173 :  I agree, lets give each other the benefit of the doubt here. I only wanted to find a happy medium between being inclusive to people who feel all kinds of way about their pregnancy including hating parts of it, and being sensitive and remembering to be grateful for it at the same time. Mental health is a big topic surrounding pregnancy at the moment and I don’t want anyone to feel they can’t share their struggles and frustrations and even dissapointment for fear of being told that other woman are struggling to get pregnant at all. I don’t think you meant anything unkind in your message and im so glad to have this thread for all us September moms!! 

Post # 85
1059 posts
Bumble bee

tommywantwingy :  i am totally going to ask about this! I am seriously dying right now at work. Thanks! 

Post # 86
369 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL  

Ahhh! Congrats all of your lovely ladies! So thankful to have a group to chat with about this!

How old are you and partner?

28 (me) 32 (him)

How far along are you?

4w2d

Estimated Due Date?

September 20

What baby # is this?

4th pregnancy, 2 children at home, 1 year old is a twinless twin

How many cycles trying? 

Tried diligently for three cycles and then went to NTNP after break

When did you get your BFP?

Today!

Who have you told?

Husband

When do you plan to tell other people? 

Later. Much later. I want to see a healthy baby in an ultrasound after 14 weeks before people know. Lost one at 11w and one at 13w

How did you tell your partner?

Stuck the pregnancy tests under a pillow in the bedroom. Not very exciting.

Any symptoms?

Boobs are a little sore

What are you most excited about?

Having a baby!

When is your first appointment?

None scheduled.

Are you planning on finding out the sex? 

Not sure yet.

Anything else?

I have my reservations about being excited, I know every pregnancy is one to celebrate, but it’s still hard.

Post # 87
369 posts
Helper bee

Bee614 :  I’m right there with you on not being able to really enjoy pregnancy after a miscarriage. I’ve had two and the best thing I did in this past year was join an infant loss support group. It is so refreshing to talk about our losses openly and not worry about awkwardness or being told dumb things. 

Post # 88
882 posts
Busy bee

tommywantwingy :  Not trying to thread jack but was lurking and had to comment cause I was in your October ’18 mamas group — and we connected over trying not to stress about having a previous loss. Just wanted to say I’m so happy to see you back and have everything crossed that you (and all the mamas here) have a completely uneventful 40 weeks. It’s a wild ride!

Post # 89
866 posts
Busy bee

Bees, I had continuous mild cramping over the last 1 week but all of a sudden, it completely went away since the last 2-3 hours. I started reading about chemical pregnancies and now I’m starting to worry if mine could be a chemical pregnancy because I only tested the last two days and they were faint positives and I didn’t think any further about it but now that I’ve read about chemical pregnancies, I am wondering if I announced the news to people too early.

I am out of tests so I will buy more and test tomorrow but in the meantime, wanted to know if anyone had or heard of any prior chemical pregnancy experiences? All the links I read said chemical pregnancies don’t cause any pregnancy symptoms. Did any of you have symptoms and it still led to a chemical pregnancy? 

Post # 90
1059 posts
Bumble bee

chillbee29 :  Can you remind us of your info? I don’t think symptoms going away necessarily means its a bad sign. I had bad symptoms the week I found out which was week 3 and then week 4 I had no symptoms again and now they have started back up again. My tests didn’t get darker at all until just 2 days ago and im 4 weeks 4 days. I had a hard time relaxing myself during the week my symptoms went away i know its hard. Try to relax and don’t google too much. In my experience so far google has only made me worried with no answers. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors