September 2020 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 796
90 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@futureslindy:  

this is SO EXCITING! Congratulations!! Such a beautiful line for only 9DPO too! And your dog is a sweetie πŸ’•

I can already feel my resolve waning for waiting until 10/11DPO to test..πŸ˜‚

Post # 797
1899 posts
Buzzing bee

So many bfps! Congrats to all of you! I hope some of that is transferred to October 🀣. 

Post # 798
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
@futureslindy:  congrats!!!

Post # 799
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2020 - Round Rock, TX

View original reply
@coconutmilk: thank you so much! and yeah I totally get the feeling!! I couldn’t help myself πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

View original reply
@Hp417:  thanks!! πŸ™‚

update: no darker this morning, but I guess that shouldn’t be a huge shock since my other test was less than 24 hours ago lol. it’s not lighter, so that’s good!! hopefully i’ll see it darken some tomorrow πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Post # 801
560 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@missinthecity:  he’s so excited!!! when he came home i told him i got him something and made him close his eyes, then handed him the tests. it took him a minute to register but then he got so happy!! it was really cute 

Post # 804
560 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@anonybee345:  
View original reply
@missinthecity:  thank you ☺️☺️ i’m ready to see the line get a bit darker!

Post # 806
162 posts
Blushing bee

I got a BFN this morning so I’m rolling over to October.  I just started reading Take Charge of Your Fertility.  She mentions a fertility vitamin called vitex.  Does anyone take that?  Also, what is the best basal body temperature thermometer, and app?

Post # 807
2271 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@laureng1:  Sorry about the BFN bee… hopefully October will be your month!

I have not used Vitex but I know it’s commonly taken for fertility. I think there are studies that say it can help increase the length of the LP. How long have you been trying and do you think you have a luteal phase defect? 

As for BBT thermometers, I always just used a $10 one from CVS with the Fertility Friend app… worked great!

Post # 808
560 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@laureng1:  i’m sorry bee! how are you feeling about it? 

as for Vitex, i’ve never taken it so i’m not sure. for BBT thermometers, and thermometer that gives you 2 numbers after the decimal should work! I’ve heard good things about Fertility Friend and Kindara. Premom is great too! 

there are also bracelets called Ava and Tempdrop that you wear while you sleep and it tracks your temp, that way you don’t have to wake up at the same time every day and manually take your temp. 

good luck bee!

Post # 809
187 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@laureng1:  So sorry to hear. I started taking Vitex in July and got pregnant this cycle, which was my second cycle taking Vitex. No way to know if it helped or not but it didn’t seem to hurt! I also used Ava for tracking temperature and I think it’s awesome because it’s so much less fussy than manually doing it and I found the heart rate data it has to be very informative in my cycles. I do not think their app is good at correctly identifying ovulation, but if you plug the Ava data into Fertility Friend that seems to work very well. I also bought Ava on eBay because you can get a nice discount there if you buy used. I would just recommend asking the seller for their original order number. Mine ended up dying a few months in and because I had the order number Ava replaced the bracelet with a new one! 

Post # 810
162 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@emilyofnewmoon: I stopped taking Birth Control Pills the last week in July, I think, it could be the first week of August.  I haven’t gotten my period yet.  I don’t think I have a luteal phase defect.  Honestly, I have no idea what I’m doing.  I started reading the book “Taking Charge of Your Fertility” and it’s starting to make a little sense to me.  My OB/GYN said it might take a couple of months for my cycle to regulate. I guess I was hoping to get pregnant immediately after stopping Birth Control Pills. 🀷🏽‍♀️

View original reply
@futureslindy:  Thanks for the recommendations!  I’m concerned about my cycle.  I visited my OB/GYN and she ordered a prolactin level test.  It was at 81! So she removed me from a prescription and I retested prolactin a few weeks later, and it decreased all the way to 8, which is in the normal range.  Since I haven’t gotten AF and haven’t been doing charting and OPKs, we are kinda just BDing blindly.  I figure if I start doing those things now we can get pregnant with my first ovulation.  My husband was excited about me testing this morning.  He was talking about it last night.  So I felt bad when I had to tell him, “Negative, Ghostrider” this morning. I told him it was negative after waiting for a minute. And he was like, “Noooo! You have to wait three minutes!” So I set my timer and still negative. I always imagined surprising him with a onesie or something when I get a BFP but he is more on top of this (no pun intended) than I am!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors