September 2021 Mamas

posted 1 month ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 30/26

How far along are you? According to various sources online, anywhere between 3 weeks 4 days to 4 weeks 4 days, I think closer to 4 and 4

Estimated Due Date? Sep 4

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying?3

When did you get your BFP? 9dpo

Who have you told? Just husband, told him on dpo 10 after I was sure I wasn’t seeing things 

When do you plan to tell other people? Going to try to hold out until as close to the second trimester as possible but I’m crap at secrets 

How did you tell your partner? The very cliche bun in the oven. I asked him if he wanted to have a date night, which since we can’t go anywhere usually means watch a movie and cuddle. I told him I’d make whatever meal he wanted. When he got home from work we went about business as usual and when he went into the kitchen to put his plate in the sink after dinner I said ” hey, I baked you something and it should be done, can you take it out?” I heard the oven open and then a moment of silence and then he said ” are you trying to tell me you’re pregnant?” 

Any symptoms? Very vivid dreams sometimes 3 a night, I ate yellow mustard willingly and I’ve never liked it ( I wouldn’t say it was a craving it just didn’t sound bad so I figured I’d try it), some nausea but I’ve had that on and off since I stopped birth control, yesterday and today my stomach is pretty upset and rumbly ( unsure if that’s related) 

What are you most excited about? Having a child

When is your first appointment? I haven’t made one for this but I have one jan 14th set up already to get established with an obgyn so I plan to call them soon and tell them it might need to be a different type of visit

Are you planning on finding out the sex? No 

Anything else? Nothing yet 

Post # 4
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 29/35

How far along are you? 4 weeks and 1 day

Estimated Due Date? Well one app says Aug 31 and one says Sept 1, and I secretly want a September baby so I’m joining the sept boards!

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? Dec 16. 

Who have you told? Husband, sister, best friend. 

When do you plan to tell other people? Not till out of the first trimester. We aren’t telling family until then because they would tell EVERYONE. My sister I can trust.

How did you tell your partner? I just showed him the test that afternoon.

Any symptoms? A little cramping and constipation. Fun. 😂

What are you most excited about? To be a family! We recently moved and I’m so excited to start our life here.

When is your first appointment? Jan 11

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yep. 

Anything else Just praying every day for everything to continue to go okay… same for the rest of you bees!! ❤️

Post # 5
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I got my positive test last week and am due on September 1, but since I did ivf and have a previous loss I’m not going to roll call until I’ve had two beta draws done and my RE has confirmed everything looks on track. 

Post # 6
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

View original reply
@piscesinsc:  rooting for you bee!!! ❤️

Post # 7
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@bookends:  thank you! I really hope I can join you guys soon!

Post # 9
47 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone! I’m also a first time mom and so excited to join this group and be able to talk to others about my pregnancy before we announce!

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 25/26

How far along are you? 3w3

Estimated Due Date? 9/11/2021

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? yesterday morning but it was pretty faint. Tested again this morning and got a much darker line and a positive on my digitals! It’s also our two year wedding anniversary today and I couldn’t think of a better anniversary present 🙂

Who have you told? just my husband

When do you plan to tell other people? May tell family around 8 weeks after the first ultrasound if everything looks good. Our nephew’s 1st birthday is right after my first appointment so we may announce after his party then by giving him a “cousin crew” shirt. Plan to tell friends and extended family closer to 12 weeks. Will probably public share around my birthday when I’m 14 weeks.

How did you tell your partner? My husband is training for an Ironman so I bought a infant cycling cap that I left out for him with the positive test as well as a note that said Iron-Dad.

Any symptoms? a little bit of nausea that I’m not thrilled is starting so early but all in all it’s very managable. 

What are you most excited about? Seeing the baby for the first time on the ultrasound! and telling our family. This child will be the 1st grandchild on my side of the family.

When is your first appointment? Jan 29th

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Definitely! There’s no way I could wait

Anything else? I’m a healthcare worker and already recieved the first dose of the COVID vaccine before I was pregnant. My obgyn recommended still going ahead with the second dose in a couple of weeks but I’m not going to lie, I’m a little nervous about it. I really want the vaccine but I also want to make sure baby is safe and healthy!

Post # 11
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2019 - Vineyard in Italy

How old are you and partner? 37/37

How far along are you? 4w3d

Estimated Due Date? 09/04/21

What baby # is this? 2!

How many cycles trying? None….. a toooootal oopsie! 

When did you get your BFP? dpo9 on 12/22

Who have you told? My husband, my genetic counselor (long story, I am geneticist, so it makes sense lol), my two besties

When do you plan to tell other people? Our close families after the viability ultrasound on 1/13, the rest in the second trimester

How did you tell your partner? I didn’t need to say anything… He read it on my face when I came out of the bathroom with the pregnancy test! I was SO surprised. We dtd only one theoretically a week before my ovulation… So I thought I would be safe.. But nature had other plans! My usually clockwork ovulation that gives me SO MUCH pain (I have bad endometriosis) came strangely a week early, 12 hrs after we dtd… Oh joy! This baby was fully unplanned as we have an 8 months old girl and I was on the fence of (ever) having a second one given my hard pregnancy, and also I am starting a new very demanding job in March… So totally not the right time, but it’s a blessing because I would have never planned for a second baby naturally! 

Any symptoms? None whatsoever. With my other pregnancies (I was pregnant three times before) I had terrible nausea and dizziness. Very happy of this!!!

What are you most excited about? Giving my baby girl a sibling she otherwise wouldn’t have had 🙂 and having a do-over of pregnancy with a better experience hopefully!!!

When is your first appointment? First official doctor’s appt is on Feb 1st, but I have a quick US on 1/13

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Absolutely!

Anything else? I have endometriosis, antiphospholipid syndrome and had bad gestational hypertension with my previous pregnancy, as well as a pretty complex genetic issue. I delivered my first baby the craziest week of the pandemic (April 13th 2020!) being alone in the hospital most of the time… So I am so much looking forward to a normal quiet pregnancy!

Post # 12
199 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@hoosiergirl2905:  I got the vaccine too, the day after my BFP!!!

Post # 13
199 posts
Blushing bee

I have had my three beta set done… 14 @DPO 10, 83 @13 DPO, 240 @DPO 15 (yesterday)

Post # 15
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@futuremrsbee83:  It’s good to know someone else is getting the vaccine too while pregnant! I’m still a little nervous because the first dose gave me a low grad fever for a couple of hours but I think I’m going to have som Tylenol on hand for the 2nd dose to make sure my temperature stays down. 

View original reply
@coconutmilk:  Thanks! Congrats to you as well! I’m also the first in my friend group and it’s already so hard not to mention it to anyone, especially my mom.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors