ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? Both 29

How far along are you? 5w, 3d 

Estimated Due Date? September 9

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? If I had to guess, probably around 20 cycles

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday 1/10

Who have you told? Husband and close friends

When do you plan to tell other people? Not sure yet. Sometime during second trimester probably  

How did you tell your partner? Put out a few onesies I’ve had for years with the tests and a little sign

Any symptoms? Maybe some gas and very mild cramping?

What are you most excited about? Finally a positive test! Never seen one in over two years of trying

When is your first appointment? Getting first beta and progesterone drawn this morning!

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Nope

Anything else? Crazy the timing of this all! Trying naturally for so long with no luck, finally starting to see a fertility doctor.  A few medicated cycles and our first IUI leading up to the end of the year. Decided to take December off and enjoy the holidays, mostly because hubby was traveling for work and only home for one night, which we thought was well beyond my ovulation date. Had a procedure early December that maybe delayed my ovulation? Who knows! One slightly inebriated hookup on night where he was home for literally three hours due to travel delays and here we are. Shock of a lifetime! So grateful to be here πŸ™‚

Post # 32
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

Anyone have their first doctor appointment yet? I have mine today and I’m pretty nervous as I still haven’t developed any morning sickness. I know “for some women it’s normal” but I can’t help but worry, haha.

Post # 33
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@bookends:  good luck with your appointment today! I’m only 5 weeks but am having similar worries as I really haven’t had any nausea yet. I hate that I’m so nervous that I’m actually wishing I was sick instead of enjoying how normal I feel right now haha

Post # 35
327 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@bookends:  I never had any nausea with my daughter who is now a healthy 3YO. Enjoy it πŸ™‚

Post # 36
829 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bookends:  good luck today! I’m scheduling mine for end of the month. How far along are you now?

Post # 37
459 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@feedthebeags:  thank you! I’m 6w6d today. We got a heartbeat. πŸ™‚ but I randomly broke out in hives today (which I’ve never had in my life) SO THAT’S FUN.

Post # 38
459 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@hoosiergirl2905:  same!! I keep telling my husband how I want to feel sick cause it’ll ease my mind a bit lol.

Post # 39
829 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bookends:  I’m glad it went well! I’m a week behind you and can’t wait until my first appointment πŸ™‚

Post # 41
429 posts
Helper bee

I’m having issues posting (it’s not appearing for me?), so apologies i accidentally double post.

I’m very barely pregnant, got my squinter yesterday and a bright pink line today at 9DPO. I know it’s early days, but I’ve had two miscarriages recently and I’ve decided that, for me, I’d rather lean into this one and just be pregnant and enjoy it, instead of nervously waiting to see if something happens.

So, with that, I’m excited to roll call!

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 32/34

How far along are you? 3w4d

Estimated Due Date? September 26

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 7, with two 5 week miscarriages (Aug and Dec)

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday morning. It was so faint my husband didn’t really believe it, but it was nice and pink this morning.

Who have you told? My husband, my mom, and my best friend

When do you plan to tell other people? Sooner rather than later. πŸ™‚

How did you tell your partner? I texted him “Third time’s the charm, right?” Perhaps not the most glamorous reveal, haha…

Any symptoms? I feel a little nauseous, which I take as good sign. And I have some serious middle-of-the-night insomnia which is a common early pregnancy symptom for me. And a bit of cramping which I’m hoping is just normal.

What are you most excited about? That first heartbeat! I feel like as long as I can get there, we should be in the clear. And then holding a lovely, little newborn and getting those milk-drunk newborn snuggles. And seeing my daughter become a big sister. She’ll be three in September and I’ll think she’ll really love having a sibling … we’ll see. πŸ˜€

When is your first appointment? Feb 5. I had a call with my new OBGYN to meet her and let her know I was pregnant. She seemed surprised to find out it happened so quickly, but was super nice. And now I just have to wait until the 5th. Ages away…

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes. My husband wants to. I would go green if we could because this may be our last child, but he wants to know ASAP.

Anything else? Not much. Just being happy being pregnant, right now. No continuing to POAS to chart progressions, no betas to drive me crazy. Just enjoying the moment. 

Post # 43
429 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@coconutmilk:  Thank you!! I’m so excited to see you as well. I was so happy to see you’d started the boards. How are you feeling!? And wishing the same back at you. smile

Post # 43
1507 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? I just turned 34 and DH is 38

How far along are you? 3w3d 

Estimated Due Date? Sept 26, 2021

What baby # is this? My second, my son is almost 2.

How many cycles trying? Ehhhh, we weren’t officlally trying but this is our second cycle where we kinda rolled the dice in the “danger zone” (fertile window). We were gonna start REALLY trying next cycle, though.

When did you get your BFP? 9dpo

Who have you told? My best girlfriends and my sister. 

When do you plan to tell other people? I’ll tell my parents in the next few weeks and I’ll formally announce in the second trimester. 

How did you tell your partner? I put a “big brother” shirt on my son lol

Any symptoms? Nada!

What are you most excited about? Other than seeing a probably viable embryo in there, its seeing my son as a big brother!

When is your first appointment? Not scheduled yet (still waiting to get my second hcg draw tomorrow) but likely an u/s at 6 weeks then an u/s and office visit at 8 weeks

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Helllllz yes. I have no chill and a strong preference for a girl. I did the NIPT early on with my son and I’m so glad I did cause I had severe gender disappointment and it gave me time to get over it. 

Anything else? I’m just super happy to be here! I have PCOS and struggle TTC my son, so I’m SHOOKETH that I’m here already lol. My son was born premature at 34 weeks and was in the NICU for a month, so I’m having a little anxiety about what’s gonna happen with this little bean- I’m hopeful that it won’t happen again, though!

Post # 44
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I had my first ultrasound yesterday and measured 6 weeks 3 days, which aligns pretty well with what I thought was ovulation day. Heart rate was 122 and there is only one in there. The only issue is a small sub chorionic hemorrhage, they said it was too small to be measured. I haven’t had any bleeding or spotting, very occasional mild cramps. I’m trying to stay optimistic about it but despite everything I’ve read about most resolving, I am still worried. But I guess that’s natural.

Post # 45
327 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@bee20018:  I had a SCH with my daughter. I had a little spotting here and there but not real bleeding. The SCH had resolved at my 12 week scan. My best friend also had one; she had no bleeding at all and in fact ran a half marathon in her first trimester. Her daughter is now 5. They usually don’t cause issues.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors