September 2021 POAS

posted 4 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 3
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Your age/partner’s age: 35/30

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: I don’t know? I’ve had ovulation symptoms and almost-positive opks for a few days now. I feel like my body is gearing up to ovulate but not quite there yet…. or maybe I missed my surge.

Ovulation date: ?

POAS date: 9/1

Usual cycle length: 30 with an f-ed up luteal phase

Cycles trying: 9

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): opks, prenatals, progesterone

Trying anything new this month? Nope

For fun: How do you practice self-care? Going shopping by myself (my daughter is 1 so I don’t often get the chance)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by lucyinsky.
Post # 4
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Your age/partner’s age: 40/41

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: CD7

Ovulation date:  possibly 8/27 or 8/28

POAS date: 9/8

Usual cycle length: It used to be 26/27 days, but the last 5-6 months have been only 22-24  I just went for blood tests on CD3 and will go again on CD 18 to see if it’s a hormone issue.  

Cycles trying: This will be 4. 

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): OPKs.  EOD until O and then maybe 2 days in a row.

Trying anything new this month? The blood testing. 

For fun: How do you practice self-care? I get up really early around 4am (I go to bed by 9 at the latest) so I can work out before DH and DD wake up. I find great joy in sitting on my patio with coffee before the world wakes up. ☺️

Good luck to everyone this month!

Post # 5
561 posts
Busy bee

I’m starting this month feeling sorry for myself. I’ve been trying for 9 months and it feels like everyone around me is getting pregnant on their first try (cousin who is going through a divorce; best friend who “caught her first egg” and didn’t even realize it; everyone from my birth group who got pregnant with their 2nd/ 3rd as soon as they started trying). I don’t know if breastfeeding is still impacting my fertility … at this point, we are down to one session per day…. or if it’s just my age and luck, but my cycle is still screwed up and my luteal phase is like 8 days so this cycle is probably doomed like the 9 before it.

Post # 6
191 posts
Blushing bee

I just got a call from my OB office. I did blood work on CD3, and my hormone levels were too low to be consistent with ovulation last cycle. But the thing that is confusing is, I had a peak OPK reading of 1.74 (and hugh for a day before and a few days after) and had ovulation cramping. What gives??  Could it be low egg reserves?  (I’m 40). Feeling defeated. 

Post # 7
561 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@curlygirlp:  I’m sorry you got such inexplicable not-great news. Did your ob tell you where you go from here? Is clomid or letrozole an option perhaps?

Post # 8
191 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@lucyinsky:  it was the nurse of my OB who called to confirm that I did, in fact, go for draws on day 3 of my cycle. She was going to relay the info to the OB and get back to me with steps going forward. 

She called me before close-of-business yesterday and get this. The girl who did my blood draw used the WRONG lab work for it. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ She did the draws for day 18, instead of day 3, so of course the numbers were off. This made me feel extremely relieved and that there is a bit of hope. 

Post # 9
9869 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Here goes nothing…

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/35

Baby #:  2

Current cycle day/DPO: CD13  

Ovulation date: Anticipated 8/27

POAS date: 9/9

Usual cycle length: 29-30 days

Cycles trying: We’ve been NTNP since February, but actively trying since May. I’ve had 2 early miscarriages since February so not getting my hopes up too high. 

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): I wear the Ava bracelet to track my cycle/temps, taking prenatals, and trying to get more active every day 

Trying anything new this month? No, just trying not to get too hopeful this time since things haven’t gone super well in conceiving (and it took 18 months for baby #1, so history isn’t on my side). 

For fun: How do you practice self-care? What’s that? Hah. In all seriousness, I try to make time for myself once my LO goes to bed so I can read, exercise, or just relax, but half the time I just fall asleep early. 

Post # 10
561 posts
Busy bee

Does anyone have any insight into length of LH surges? Since my cycle returned post-partum, my surges have been VERY short- stark negative one day, barely positive for about 8 hours, then back to negative again. This month is different- I had almost-positive strips for about 3 days before the first positive, blazing positives for 2 days, and now almost positive again. Is this a good sign or just noise?

Post # 11
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Thanks for getting this board started!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/35

Baby #: 

Current cycle day/DPO: 3DPO

Ovulation date: 8/23

POAS date: Sep 3

Usual cycle length: 27-28 days

Cycles trying: 

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): temping, OPKs, prenatals, BD timing during FW

Trying anything new this month? really focused on the days around O this cycle, we hit O-2, O-1, and O+1, we loosely followed SMEP last cycle and that was exhausting!

For fun: How do you practice self-care? Working out, a great spin class can be life changing on a tough day

Post # 12
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
@lucyinsky:  I only have a couple months of OPK history, but for me, it goes stark white to peak within 12 hours, and then stays high for another day or so. I’ve been temping to see if O actually hits, and it’s usually 1-2 days after my peak depending on if peak was morning or later in the day. The surge fades out super quickly after that as well. 

Post # 13
191 posts
Blushing bee

I just got another call from my OB’s office this morning and my AMH levels (egg reserves) is low (below 1). I made an appt. with an IVF clinic and luckily was able to get in Sept. 14. We will see what happens. This very well could have been an issue when I conceived in 2019 but was unaware becuase I got pregnant on the third cycle. We will still continue to try in the meantime but knowing that our chances are more slim. 

Not the news I wanted to get today, but I am better when equipped with information. I’m hoping that I can go on something “simple” like Cuomo’d to stimulate eggs, but if IVF isn’t covered by our insurance we won’t be making that investment. 

Post # 14
561 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@curlygirlp:  I’m sorry about the disappointing news! For what it’s worth, my understanding is low AMH doesn’t necessarily predict a harder time to get pregnant. Rather, it can indicate that you are less likely to respond well to stims. I know a couple of people who were able to conceive with a diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by lucyinsky.
Post # 15
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Your age/partner’s age: 32/32

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: day 14 but I think I ovulated on day 11

Ovulation date: based on ovulation strips I ovulated on day 10 this past Tuesday 

POAS date: September 10

Usual cycle length: 28

Cycles trying: 2

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): I take pregvit, I’m using ovulation strips/charting

Trying anything new this month? Ovulation strips

For fun: How do you practice self-care? Laying on the couch and reading though fun things like wedding bee!

I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks back in January so I had to wait a while before trying again and then I was nervous as Covid became worse in my area and we were moving so I decided to wait a few months until I was fully vaccinated. Last month we did NTNP and I was two days late but got a negative test and my period came. I was sad as two years ago we got pregnant with our first on our first try. I’m hoping it’s some kind of pattern and we get pregnant with our second now in our second try! 🤣 Good luck everyone! Baby dust to all!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors