(Closed) September 25, 2010

posted 12 years ago in September 2010
Post # 17
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Aww, thanks charlieken.  We are definitely very lucky.  We went out a few weekends ago and measured to make sure everything would fit, and it did , so we’ve now booked our tent (and the same company will do tables, chairs, lighting, linens, etc…). I’ll attach a picture of the tent from our vendor to this post. 

I also found my dress about a week ago, so that’s ordered now too.  That was definitely exciting and unexpected… I was just expecting to look

Our struggle right now is deciding where we want to have the ceremony.  My church in my hometown doesn’t have the same minister anymore and is actually switching ministers again at the beginning of June.  I guess I am going to have to go home a few weekends and see how I like the new one.  Otherwise, I might be trying to talk a friend into getting ordained

Other than the dress and the tent, I’ve just been working on getting a bunch of my DIY stuff done.  At least we all have enough time to work on whatever projects we decide to take on.

Yay for our wedding date… I’m glad there’s this thread going.  It’s so fun to hear how everyone else is doing in preparing for our big days!

** Edit, ignore the 60×80 tent… ours is the 40×80.  This is what happens when I don’t pay attention to which file I clicked on and then hit upload too quick.  *sigh*

Post # 18
290 posts
Helper bee

Oh haha I’m an idiot. 9/25/10

Post # 19
29 posts
Newbee

@AlmostMrsG- where are you getting married? How far are you in the process? 

Post # 20
290 posts
Helper bee

Getting married at The Dunes Club in Narragansett. Not very far along, despite having been engaged for over two years already. I’ve got the venue and ceremony location, which includes the catering and rental stuff, etc., and am working on the photographer– should probably have that done on Tuesday. Going for my first wedding dress shopping excursion on Friday the 29th. Can’t wait!

Post # 21
218 posts
Helper bee

I’m another September 25, 2010 bride (assuming the venue we choose has that date available)!  I’ll be getting married either in the Boston area or in northeastern CT.

Post # 22
512 posts
Busy bee

I’m a Sept 25, 2010 bride too! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

My FH wanted a fall wedding, and so we were looking at dates.  We have a couple of family members getting married this year (and the possibility of a shotgun wedding in the family too), so we decided to check out next year.  25 is our lucky number – the day we met, our first date, our first kiss, his birthday, etc. Sept 25 is a day we don’t have any other anniversaries, and it’s a great date.

We have the church (where my parents got married), the priest (the Fire Dept Chaplain), and the hall.  We are leaning toward a DJ.  I don’t even know WHERE to start for a photograher.  Haven’t gone dress shopping yet, afraid I will find something now but then find something else in a magazine.  

Post # 24
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Sept 25, 2010 checking in.

We’re holding our reception, and as of now our ceremony, at a restaurant in downtown Chicago.  I currently live in NYC but am moving to Chicago for law school.

I bought a dress at Saks’ sample sale last weekend for an amazingly ridiculous deal, and now it’s being cleaned.  When I get it back it gets to sit in my closet for a whole year before it’s time for alterations.

I plan on attempting to Gocco/emboss all of our stationery, which I’ll start on sometime in August after I move.

That’s all I’ve gotten done.  I feel like I don’t have to do anything else for a while unless I’m missing something.

Post # 25
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I am also a Sept 25, 2010 bride!  Tbrooke and I have a lot in common… I’m in grad school graduating in May so I am trying to get things done early… also, we are getting married on at my fiance’s parents outside under a tent!

I am developing wedding OCD trying to plan all of this!!  I have the site, tent, tables, centerpieces, and my dress…  and there is so much left to do!

Post # 26
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

Hi girls! We just nailed down our date, and now I am a 9/25/10 bride as well! I was originally planning on October, but my fiance’s dream is to get married in our alma mater’s chapel, and it’s super competitive to book a date there. There’s this whole stressful calling process where you can only book the chapel in the month you want, one year ahead of time. I started to worry that we wouldn’t get a date and time that worked for us in October, and then we’d be out of luck, because November in Pittsburgh will be cold! We decided to start by trying for late September, and lo and behold! We scored September 25th, 2010! I am really excited about it because 25 is my lucky number, and our dating anniversary, the one we’ve been celebrating for SEVEN years, is October 25th! Close enough for me!

Post # 27
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heron Hill Winery

So excited to finally be part of this group of ladies!! We just set our date this weekend and I coiuldn’t be happier.  I feel like I have sooo much planning to start now that we have our date set….eeek I am a little nervous tooo!

Post # 28
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

My wedding date is also 9/25/10 .I’m so excited! Everything kinda fell in place for us. My Fiance and I planned all of the major stuff in one week. We have contracted the perfect place for the ceremony (carinwood) , a beautiful reception spot that overlooks center city philadelphia, I got the dress and the wedding planner I always wanted (Gina Sole)!! Both Fiance and I will be graduating in May and we just purchased our first home in Atlanta. Talk about stress!

Post # 29
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - The Glen Manor House

I love the fellow Rhode Island brides on this thread! I’m also a 9.25.2010 getting married in Providence and then heading to The Glen Manor House in Portsmouth for the reception!

They say this year just flies by so my fiancee are full steam ahead! We live in Chicago, so it’s going to be a lot of commuting back and fourth this year to finalize plans. So far we’ve got:

Chapel, Venue, Photographer, Attendants, Wedding Dress, & Favors.

Post # 30
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello girls. This is my first post here. I just had to respond to Carriea.s.b. because I too am getting married in Pittsburgh on 9/25/2010, and my venue is rather close to your chapel ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe we’ll see each other. ๐Ÿ™‚  We’ll be dating for 7 years by then!! You’ll have one year on us!

Post # 31
12 posts
Newbee

New here, but 9/25/10 bride as well ๐Ÿ™‚ Getting married at the Stockade Inn in Schenectady NY.

The topic ‘September 25, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors