(Closed) September 25, 2010

posted 12 years ago in September 2010
Post # 32
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m September 25th too! And it definitely has a ring to it.

So far, I’ve got the ceremony/reception venues booked, dress purchased, rings purchased, photographer semi-booked (still grappling with that…), and wedding commisioner person found. Oh, and make up/hair booked.

I know I won’t be, but I can’t help but get the distinct feeling that I’m going to be bored come a month before our wedding…

Post # 33
1756 posts
Buzzing bee

@Pgh910 – Where in Pittsburgh are you getting married? We’re doing our ceremony and reception at The Mansion at Maple Heights on September 11th.

Post # 34
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m a 9/25/2010 bride too! We’re getting married in St. Paul, MN. We have a church, priest, & reception hall. We’re pretty close to booking a DJ and a photographer. I’ve gone dress shopping and I have a date to go look at a DIY invitation store with a friend next week. It seems like it’s coming along! =) Congrats to everyone else too!

Post # 35
806 posts
Busy bee

I just joined the site (though I’ve been lurking a while) and I’m another Sept. 25 bride.  We are planning an intimate wedding with about 40 guests at a country inn in western MA.

So far, I’ve reserved the ceremony/reception venue, ordered STD/invite samples, and begun dress shopping.  I love the DIY ideas I’ve seen on the site – I’m considering doing my own flowers/centerpieces.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Post # 36
16 posts
Newbee

I’m another 9/25/2010 bride.  We pretty much ruled out every other weekend in September so we were left with 9/25.  I love September!  We’re getting married in Maryland at the Great Room at Savage Mill.

So far I have the ceremony & reception venues, caterer, photographer, DJ, and officiant.  We just had our engagement pictures, which turned out awesome!  We are hoping to incorporate them into a Save The Date—maybe a post card?

Congrats to all of the other brides ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 37
806 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies –

We’re less than 10 months out woo hoooooooooo!

Post # 38
512 posts
Busy bee

Someone pointed out that our date is “nine – two – five” — or “9 to 5” which is kind of cute. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 39
101 posts
Blushing bee

9-25-2010 bride here as well. We got engaged in March. First thing we did was set a date. We wanted fall, but early fall. We settled on 9-25 because it’s the week between the New Mexico State fair and the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (we’re in ABQ) and that’s just a WONDERFUL time of year here, balloons in the air like graceful jewels, the smell of green chile roasting everywhere, nice crisp fall air and the leaves JUST starting to change, yet still early enough for flowers to still be in bloom. We searched and searched for a venue and his parents and him kept pushing me to UNM Alumni Chapel and as soon as I visited in person, I fell in love. When we talked to the staff about reserving in Sept. she got a worried look and explained that the Jewish student union has reserved all but 2 days of Sept for the next 10 years… After checking the calendar, turns out 9-25-2010 was one of those two days… Just seemed too much like fate so we booked and signed the contract. 

We also have the reception venue booked, which includes 9 rooms for our out of town guests (95% of our guest list) and booked another block of rooms at a discount at a nearby hotel. The reception site includes an awesome florist, so that’s booked, and an amazing baker for the cake… another check done. His aunt is going to cater since she owns a restaurant. My brother in law and step-sister are booked for photography (both are pros).

We have not finalized which flowers will be used, nor any details about the cake. I’ve not yet started on the DIY projects in mind (some decorations, centerpieces, invitations). I need to settle in on a dress and shoes and all the other accessories that tend to pop up, but I’m really comfortable with where we are on the timeline.  

Post # 40
512 posts
Busy bee

stephk23 when in March did you get engaged?  We got engaged on (Friday) March 13. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 42
101 posts
Blushing bee

March 9… it was a little odd. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 43
183 posts
Blushing bee

September 25, 2010 here as well.

So far I’ve got the ceremony/venue, caterer, invitations, and the dress.

And various other odds and ends.

It’s going to be in Bluemont VA.

Post # 44
1194 posts
Bumble bee

@WindyCityBride – LOVE the 9 to 5 reference!  I love Dolly Parton, I wonder if I can incorporate that song into anything!!!

September 25th bride here.  We got engaged on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am so excited!

So far we’ve booked our ceremony and reception site, I’ve selected our colors (fuschia and gray), chosen our bridesmaid dresses (Jcrew silk chiffon dresses in Graphite), meet with photographers – who we hope to book by Thursday, contacted a DJ that was recommended by a friend, started contacting florists AND started contacting caterers. 

So, we haven’t finalized much, but we are making strides.  With all these meetings we’ve had,I would love to have something booked by the end of the month!

Post # 45
290 posts
Helper bee

Hey all! I’ve gotten all my bridesmaids on board, and I know the drill with their dresses (ie color, David’s, which ones I want them to pick from).

For our Sept 25th wedding, when do I let them know about dresses? When should I tell them to have them by? I want to be sure they have them with plenty of time to spare for alterations, peace of mind, etc.

Thanks!

The topic ‘September 25, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors