(Closed) September 4, 2011 Brides – 5 months! YIKES!

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We don’t have flowers or cake either! Or a dress, or DJ, or even a final guest list…

The good news is that we just finished our pre marriage counseling at church, which was almost the last step. So if all else fails, we’ll still be married, and have a big dinner afterward πŸ™‚  The dress thing is really freaking me out though!

P.S. I’m September 3rd, is that close enough to join in this thread πŸ™‚

Post # 4
94 posts
Worker bee

Ahh lets see… still need to do/plan/or/buy

Gift Registry
Rings (picked out though)
Find a hair dresser for day of
Bridal shoes
ceremony music (pick out which songs we like)
cake test
food test
get invites!!!  (ah)

I am sooo overwhelmed.  Had a break down this weekend when no plans were working out for the bridal shower.  Kept saying, why didnt I elope!?

Post # 6
620 posts
Busy bee

Holy crap – I cant believe how much this time is flying by!!!!

Post # 7
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Damn!  eeeek don’t have DJ and the photog is giving me grief and i really wish i just knew who was comming and who wasn’t.

Post # 8
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m getting married 4th Sept too!!

still have lots to do… am stressing a bit.

need to help find my mom a dress too!!

Post # 9
1137 posts
Bumble bee

I JUST booked my DJ! Now, to find flowers!

The cake and the officiant were the #1’s on my list – so glad they are done!

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee

YAY ! !  MY WEDDING TWINS ! ! im Labor Day Weekend as well SEPT 4th 2011  ! ! 

. i was so far ahead of myself up into 2 months ago .. i got stuck on centerpieces & flowers and havent moved forward since … Flowers are KILLING me .. i just cant seem to get myself to spend these crazy amounts on the flowers . i have NO problem putting out money anywhere else but when it came to flowers i just kinda shook my head…  

any of you bees from jersey ? curious what kind of flower quotes you got ?

im southern-central jersey and just quoting my bridal party (14 people) is well over the $1000 mark and thats with just roses ?

Also you asked what other big things havent been done THE HONEYMOON ! ! !! 

where have you looked ? 

Post # 11
154 posts
Blushing bee

I want to join too!

I don’t have cake or flowers! I hope to have all of that by the end of this month.

I just finalized our DJ today! wooo!

This weekend I hope to finalize my linens, chairs and honeymoon.

Just breathe girls..we have plenty of time. We can do it! I think it is real easy to get caught up in a lot of options..so I have had to make myself just chose and move on. I will freak myself out if I don’t! haha!

Post # 12
154 posts
Blushing bee

@AdoraeBride: Girllll..i have completly elminated flowers out of my centerpieces because they are so expensive and won’t last past a few days! I am going for the candle romatic look and spending a little extra money on lighting around the room. Lighting on the walls will totally change the look of a room. we are using dark purple in the lighting to add a different look.

Good luck!

Post # 13
48 posts
Newbee

I still have to get a DJ, pick out rings, and figure out all our rentals (though I do have my florist).  It does seem to be coming up so soon! 

I know I’m forgetting things… but at least I know I have my officiant, so no matter what, a wedding will be taking place πŸ™‚

Post # 14
566 posts
Busy bee

@AdoraeBride & @bhs133: I hear you on the flower costs! I can’t feel comfortable spending so much money on some pretty things that are going to wilt within days. I’m going the coffee filter flower route for my bouquet, and we’re thinking centerpieces of wheatgrass. Something bright and fun, but not >$50 per table!

Post # 16
38 posts
Newbee

Yes, me too… still working on flowers and cake. I have met with people on both and think we are very close though.  Still need to book the honeymoon and work on menswear.  I feel like it is goign to be here before we know it!!!

The topic ‘September 4, 2011 Brides – 5 months! YIKES!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors