(Closed) September 4, 2011 Brides – 5 months! YIKES!

posted 9 years ago in September 2011
Post # 18
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love that i know i am not the only person going through this craziness. It will be weird when it is all over so I am enjoying it for sure! 

We are looking at Mexico since we are paying for the wedding..

Where is everyone else going? 

Post # 20
566 posts
Busy bee

One more thing completed last night, we just went to our food tasting. I felt it was sneaky that they provided two beef dishes – the cheapest, tri trip, and the most expensive, filet mignon. The filet mignon was SO good I was giving him puppy eyes and saying “PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE HAVE IT?”

But yeah… upgrading from our current estimate would be like $1000. Sigh.

We were seated with two other couples and I was relieved that we weren’t the only ones feeling hopelessly behind!

Post # 22
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@pengoala: I think the duo plate is a great option. That’s how our venue typically does dinner (instead of giving people an option). I think we are going with a beef and shrimp combo.

I don’t want to be an overachiever, but I’m so relieved that we have gotten all the big stuff taken care of. We have the venue, dress, florist decided, cake person decided (have to finalize design), DJ booked, and officiant booked. We also decided on the first dance song and started dance lessons this week!

In the next two months we have to design and print the invitations, decide on wedding bands, and book the honeymoon, among other things.

Post # 23
49 posts
Newbee

Man oh man. I still need to get the cake, which is included in our reception package, but I haven’t made it down to the bakery.  I have all the vendors booked, now I’m just trying to figure out if I want to add on extras, like a photo booth or a caricature artist.  The stressful part of this wedding planning is dealing with my family.  My mom wants to invite the world to my wedding, I guess she hasn’t realized yet that I’m not rich.  We should have eloped too. 

Post # 24
6 posts
Newbee

I can’t believe how fast Sept 4th is approaching. I have my flowers done it was a struggle but finally got there I too could not believe the price, but I have not done my cake yet either, I probably will not get to it until June. I am a law student so I am pretty busy until then. I am also struggling with finding ceremony music. I thought I was so ahead of the game until recently where I just keep thinking of more things to do. Its nice to hear that other ppl are in similar conditions so I am not behind! Good Luck everyone!

Post # 25
566 posts
Busy bee

@msiraldo: LOL, the world IS invited to our wedding. We had to change locations because of all the people our parents have to invite!

This week we’re visiting a local bakery to try some of their cupcakes during “cupcake happy hour” – 50% off on Wednesdays from 3-5pm!

DJ is still on the to do list, it’s starting to freak me out.

Post # 26
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@jmags32: Oh my god! I forgot all about ceremony music! We are having our friends play for the ceremony and want to give them ample time to learn songs. If only we could find acoustic versions of songs that we like and sound good! Finding music has been such a pain. 

I think we have the processional all figured out, but the recessional- not a clue!

Post # 27
1137 posts
Bumble bee

I’m trying to find my flowers now.. and everywhere I’m calling (the ‘reasonable priced, excellent reviewed’) places are already booked. Go figure. Called Wegmans and the earliest consult I can get is 4 weeks out because of the holidays! I’m so stressed – I want to find someone soon, but I also want to go by Wegs, as I’ve heard great things and they had great reviews. I called two different stores, with one being “We’ll call you after Easter”. Maybe I’ll just try both.

Post # 29
566 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting measured to order my dress today! I’m going with a long bridesmaid dress in off-white, so the store said it would take 2 months max to receive it.

We tried the cupcakes and they were good. I think we are going back next Wednesday for some more flavors, but only so we can have an excuse for cupcakes… we’ve decided to order from that bakery and even skip the small cake for cutting. We’re going to cut and share a cupcake ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 31
38 posts
Newbee

Honeymoon booked, flowers booked, cake booked.  Making progress ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘September 4, 2011 Brides – 5 months! YIKES!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors