Post # 1
Hola my fellow September Brides!
What’s on your May To-Do List?
I feel like I’ve hit a plateau in planning. We’re planning from across the country so there’s not much to do here except DIY’s but I’m afraid to start to early on things like programs or menu’s. What if something changes and I’ve already printed 100 copies. Not good right. So I’ve put them off till June/July. All our vendors are booked and I have the next check-in scheduled for July when my Fiance and I are in town for our shower. Here’s all I’ve got scheduled for May.
- Fiance wedding ring
- Purchase bridal accessories
- Purchase grooms accessories
- Rehearsal Dinner planning
- Finish DIYing invitation suite
- DIYing Guest Book
- DIYing Welcome Bags (stencil on totes)
It’s a pretty light month for me… how about you?
Post # 3
I think all i have left to do is
- find a hair stylist
- my fiances wedding ring
- finish planning rehearsal dinner
- finish DIYing the vintage postcards we’re using as sign in.
and add the ribbon to the invitation suites.
I can finally breathe!!!!
Post # 4
i need to find a hair stylist haha and we need to finalize the guest list so we can have our invites addressed. I also have to finish getting all my jr bridesmaids and flower girl outfitted. There’s other little things, but those are the big ones.
Post # 5
Hi there. I was actually just updating my May to-do list last night.
- Find a stylist, and have my first hair and makeup trial (find a hairstyle also)
- Find my shoes and earrings (replacing my first pair of earrings)
- Groom and groomsman attire
- Wedding ring shopping
- Guest list finalization (first round), in order to make the invites
- Finish finding the bridesmaid accessories
- Visit the church to take measurements to order petals and materials to DIY church decorations
- Continue working on registry
- Continue working on honeymoon budget and planning (passports, plane tickets, accomodation reservation)
I think that is it… There always seems to be something else that sneaks in there.
Post # 6
Let’s see, I don’t have a formal one but here’s what I know we have to do soon:
- Finalize invite wording and other insert card wording so our invitations can be completed
- Finalize guest list and send to calligrapher to start addressing envelopes
- Order custom wedding stamps
- Groomsman Attire
- Ring Selection
- Start beauty regimen (facials, good skin care, manicures)
- Send dahlia photos to florist
- Think about rings
- Review/Revise registry
- Take engagement photos!!!
- Update wedding website with other accommodation options
- Update bridal party on wedding rehearsal time schedule so they can book their flights
- Schedule first fitting
I think that’s it. Mostly little/fun stuff. Only thing stressing me out is the invite wording because I have to have that done this weekend.
Post # 7
Now I feel REALLY behind!
- Still need to find tents, tables and chairs (what we had planned did not pan out)
- Book a caterer… we are doing tastings next week and my mother is VERY specific on what she wants.
- Finalize the guest list
- Complete invites and printing along with all inserts
- Address envelopes — DAUNTING when you are a DIY
- Hound my girls on purchasing thier Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses…. yes I know this is awful, long story.
- Have a bustle put on my gown (still debating that)
- Purchase stuff for favors, print out donation cards and also print “no social network pics” cards.
- Hair trial — ugh this is the one I am really dreading.
Yes, I know thats a heavy list just for the month of May…. but I really am tired of planning and everything that goes with it and want it to all be OVER with.
Post # 8
- Print Invites
- Get my wedding band
- start on several DIY projects
- find the rest of my jewelry
- start on gifts for wedding party/parents
- start Out of Town bags
- Figure out church program
- Make our photo guest book
- Get envelopes to calligrapher
- Purchase favors
- Figure out menu
- Engrave FI’s band
- Table #s
- Get unity candle
Well, I THOUGHT I had a lot done….. I hope to have most things done by mid-June. If I can get it all done by end of May I will be one happy bride 🙂
Post # 9
@sparkedlove11: You forgot go to San Jose meetup. 🙂 If you want to, that is.
I think May is actually going to be a really light month for us. We’re putting a lot off until the summer, because that’s when my fiance will be a lot less busy (thanks grad school). Here’s what I’m looking at for end of April/May:
– begin booking honeymoon
– plan bachelorette party for august
– update website
– begin finalizing guest list
– arrange transportation
Post # 10
I have a couple of DIY project but im scared to start them this early and just have them sitting in my closet? So for May i have taken on the challenge of
– finding linens ( ren or buy?)
-INVITES!! ( have to finalize the working and get them ordered)
– Car rental!
I have a couple of decor stuff i plan to order online but i wondering if end of May is still to early???
Post # 11
We have to:
- Find a place for the rehearsal dinner
- Book the limo
- Finish DIYing table numbers
- Order the invitations
- Attend Pre Cana weekend
- Start shopping for my jewelry, undergarments, and bolero/shrug
The most stressful thing is going to be the rehearsal dinner because we thought we had a perfect place not once but now twice and both times the cost was misleading but thank God we discovered that prior to putting a deposit down. With out budget and the area we live this has proven to be a difficult thing to achieve.
Post # 12
Our To-Do List for May:
- Assemble Invites (tie on the ribbon, figure out addressing the envelopes, weighing and postage)
- Sign florist contract (this was supposed to be done last month.. ha.)
- Confirm with Rehearsal Venue that musician is allowed
- Sign musician contract for Rehearsal Dinner
- Finish up tags for the Chinese Banquet Favors
- Hopefully pick Grooms/Groomsmen attire
Invites are big for us this month! I’m really hoping to get them out by the first week of June!!
Post # 13
Wow ladies, everyone one seems like they are right on top of thing! Thanks so much for the posted… you’ve all reminded me a few things I hadn’t put on my list!!
@Entangled – I hadn’t seen the Meetup post until after this was up! I am totally going tonight. Hope to see you there!
@Apple Cake – Invites are huge for us this month too. We’re also planning to mail June 1st! Wishing us both luck!
Post # 14
Heavy month here for me since I can take one week off work and have to squeeze in as much as possible.
May wedding work:
bouts, grandmother/mother corsages
paint the ‘couple-fact’ table frames all white
construct a la Messina photo booth wall
plant garden for catering foods (tomatoes, basil, zucchini)
plant marigolds for aisle bumper petals
add larger top to a plant stand, paint white for alter table
help dd diy the invitation suite (got more paper today at JoAnn’s)
….all that on top of hosting Mother’s Day Brunch, 4 family birthdays and dh and my 28th anniversary. Whew!
Post # 15
@Ms. MonKey: What are you doing for the no social network pics? I didn’t think of this but I think it would be a good idea.
I hope my list isn’t too long this month but the most important:
Print & Address invites
Pick out mens attire
Both of our mom’s are coming for May long weekend and we are shopping for their outfits, my accessories and doing any little odds and ends while they are here. That will be a crazy busy weekend.
Post # 16
My to-do list for May:
â€¢ Update wedding website
â€¢ Finalize invitation wording and get them ordered
â€¢ Meet with jeweler and order wedding bands
â€¢ Start DIY table runners
â€¢ Finish list of music and email to DJ
â€¢ Start workout/beauty regimen (hoping to lose 15 lbs and tone up a little!)
I think that’s it for May, but the next few months are going to be crazy!