Post # 1
I just wanted to make a post and ask how everyone is feeling. We’re almost to September now. YAY! Our RSVPs are due one month before our wedding. We’re really excited to know what our final guest count will be. We’re kind of pumped about everything right now.
We still have quite a bit to do (mainly little projects). Some things we have left are:
- Finish DIY projects (guestbook, card box, etc. lol there’s a few >.<)
- Find a cake stand OR decide not to have one
- Wrap wedding party gifts
- Groomy has to buy those gifts so I can wrap them, lol.
- Come up with rehearsal dinner menu (finally decided to have it at groomy’s parent’s house w/our fave foods)
- Have the rest of guys get fitted for tux
- Find shoes for bridesmaids
- Write thank you cards
- Make list of must have photos for photographer and email them
- Finishing filling out DJ music info sheet and mail it back (needs to be done soon >.<;)
- Marriage license (may be getting that done tomorrow, YAY)
- Dress fitting at end of September
- Final count to venue
I’m sure there’s something else but honestly I’m starting to get to the point where I’m picking things that I know I’d be sad if I didn’t have…..and focusing on them. If other ideas I have don’t get done…I am not going to stress. It’s not worth it. I don’t wanna break out and be a stressball. No fun.
How are y’all feeling about things? We got our wedding bands this past Friday. Went to the beach the day before and just relaxed. I needed it really badly. We also booked our cake on Friday. All major vendors have been booked. If we decide to switch our violinist we need to do that soon. That’s one thing I’m stressed out over. I dunno if groomy is 100% sold on our current violinist. I thought she was great so if we’re gonna switch I want him to pick the person.
We started talking more about going and seeing apartments to check out potential apartments. We probably won’t move until after the wedding and honeymoon but that could change. Dunno, I don’t want to have a TON of stuff going on to make me nutty. I’m just really happy lately. I feel better now that rings and cake are taken care of.
I love our wedding bands. =) We can pick them up in 2 weeks.
I’m so ready to be married. I had my bridal shower on Saturday and we were stressed getting everything ready for it and then it went by so quickly. I tried my best to talk with everyone! My parents were in the same room for a period of time and didn’t kill each other. Maybe there won’t be any drama on the big day.
Hope you all are feeling good too!
Post # 3
I’m tired. I just want it to get here already so I can look back at pics
Post # 4
It’s crazy to me that it’s almost September. October seemed so far away when we got engaged but time has flown by!
I go back and forth between feeling ok about what is left on our To Do list and feeling like we are quickly running out of time. Really, though, I think we will be ok. Right?!
Post # 5
I’m done with planning! Like emotionally done really, I just want to get married already!
I still have a few DIY projects left to do:
Table name cards – but I’ll do those closer to the wedding once all RSVPs are received
Centerpieces – carving pumkpins the week before
Our cake – the week before
Kiddy favors/bags – once I know how many are coming
Redo my crinoline
I think that covers all my projects left, yacks! lol
I still have to go for a dress fitting and get the alterations going, not much needed done, just add the boobs and take in a little around the waist area.
I can’t believe how quick time is flying.
Post # 6
@couawilou: Oh yeah we need to do our seating chart/place cards too lol. Fudge monkies! That I’m really not looking forward to. Hahahaha!
Post # 7
Don’t remind me. I have one more week of this term left in grad school and then I have a one week break before next term. I’m hoping I can get some motivation to crank out the rest of our DIYs:
Sign for card box
Logo for welcome bags
Signs (of which we’ll have like 30 for various random stuff)
Take the twine off all of the mason jars since we decided it was too much brown with the burlap runners
Finish cutting burlap runners
Re-organize wedding binder
Touch base with vendors
Work on “Must have” list for photogs
Finish going through packet for DJ
Finish buying wedding party gifts
Find someone who has a microphone and amp so people can actually hear the ceremony
Plus a million things I’m forgetting right now
Post # 8
@SuperDuperBrit: Same here lol
@MrsFeatherbottom: You reminded me, we gotta do our card box too the week before since we’re doing it with a pumkpin too hehe
Post # 9
@couawilou: I just bought a bird cage. BOOM done haha. I’m using small chalkboard tags to make the sign though
Post # 10
According to my WeddingWire checklist, I have completed 71 of 131 tasks 😮
@MrsFeatherbottom: Yikes, I forgot a card box/birdcage! Make that 132 tasks.
Post # 12
Omg!!!!! 37 more days for me hmmp don’t wanna think about it lol. Can the day just get here and we have fun.
Post # 13
I know we can do it ladies. At least that’s how I feel today! LOL
Do any of you know where I could print individual wallet sized or slightly bigger photos? I need to have some printed for a project but 3.5×5 may be a bit bigger than I need. I need to do a trial arrangement with them lol…to be sure they’re too big I guess.
Any tips would be much appreciated! I can’t print them with my printer because it died x_x
Post # 14
@SuperDuperBrit: hmmm not sure but have you checked places like walmart/cvs/walgreens? I have no clue if they print below 3.5 x 5 though. Do they need to be on photo paper? You could probably do smaller cards through vistaprint or moo or something like that
Post # 15
Looking at these posts, I feel like man I have so much to do!!
- We havent recieved any RSVP’s yet. They’re due back the 20th.
- Bridal shower, havent gotten any of those rsvp’s..and its on the 16th!
- I have my hair trial also on the 16th, meaning I REALLY need to decide on a hairstyle/ if I am doing pro makeup.
- Escort cards.
- Seating chart.
- Photo prop. ( I just have one left, but it was on my laptop and I spilt water on it, so bye bye!)
- Final head count.
- Figure out how many of each cupcake I’m getting… I already did this, but since plans have changed.
- Decide on a heat table or sweetheart table
- Get the arch going & together.
- Decide on a photo for our guest mat. Question about those-what happens if not everyone signs the photo mat?? There is no way I will know who came & didnt to the wedding. So when I send out my thank you cards, what do I do? Do I need a normal guest book too?
- I need to get my ceremony music!
- Figure out what song I’m walking to! Crap!
- Get started on my custom fortune cookies.
- Finialize my candy selection for the candy table.
- Start shopping for the candy
- Make up all the boxes for the candy table.
- Get marriage license. -Too soon to do that now.
- Put together contact list for the Honeymoon.
- Shop for Honeymoon supplies.
Crap thats a lot!
Post # 16
Done this week
- contacted venue – seating arrangements
- cake ordered to be paid for
- started RSVP list
- sent celebrant ceremony info
- started on next terms work for my classes
- choose songs
- fixed my camera
- discussed song list
Done Last week
- cake enquired should be ordered by Friday
- interstate and OS groomsmen measurements to suit hire
- direction map sorted
- bride and bridesmaid transport sorted. Hot rods 2 4 seaters, one blue and one yellow (or red). Not my colours but who cares really!
- Started folding cake boxes.
- enquired about snorkeling gear will pick up Friday.
To do NEXT WEEK
- contact travel agent (travel insurance and info for honeymoon)
- finish work for next term
- Clean for Hen’s / bachelorette on Saturday
- Get snorkeling gear
- hair and make up trial
- enjoy Hen’s / bachelorette on Saturday
- follow up about Lauren singing
- order cake
- continue folding cake boxes
To Do in the next 45 days.
- pay for flowers (deposit done as of early this week)
- order cake (hopefully on Friday)
- make menus
- Send celebrant finshed program for ceremony (to do tonight)
- assemble the rest of the cake boxes (45 done)
- make photo cards (website all set up & paid for – snapthewedding.com) (started)
- organise travel insurance
- contact venue again
- insure wedding bands
- pick up Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (and chase up when they are in – should be any day now) now in need to organise payment and pick up.
- make candles for centerpieces (stuff ordered)
- Make chalkboard sign for outside venue
- write up my work for when I am away next Term for 3 weeks. (started 17/8/2012)
- enjoy my Hen’s / Bachelorette/Shower on 1st Sept.
- Follow up musicians. (keep getting emails – “it will be done tomorrow”) email them back list on weekend
- See wether Lauren can sing at ceremony or find a plan B. Plan C is use and iPOD.
- choose songs for first dance / father daughter (discussed not finalised)
- Chase RSVP’s
- seating plan (start)
- book marquee incase it rains
- Finalise registry.
- Work out the wedding day running sheet
- book hotel for night after wedding (or just come back home)
- Get my cousin’s wife down to go through the photos. (this Sunday Afternoon)
- WIN LOTTO!
- find out who wants to be MC. (my cousin Paul)
- Get hankys for parents (on route – in a plane from USA)
- buy stuff for honeymoon, snorekling gear, big hat,
I am totally sure I have forgotten things. Like nail, hair and waxing appts but will add closer to the date.