Post # 1
We are supposed so be getting married this September in Ohio! We have decided that we will get married that day no matter what happens with covid. If we are able to, we will have the big wedding we’ve planned but if not then we will cancel it and just have an intimate family ceremony. Our venue says they will just go by the guidelines of how many people per gathering are allowed at that time. Our guest list is 240.
The problem is we still have some stuff to do for the wedding and I’m hesitant to put any more money down on anything and just feeling very unmotivated to plan in general. I’m wondering if we should just cancel it now and be done with it..
Post # 2
Cancel, September won’t work. If you still want to get married like us (we are postponing our destination reception), just go the courthouse. Hopefully the will open up
Post # 3
I live in Ohio as well. I would plan for an intimate family ceremony based on the numbers your ceremony venue will allow and maybe consider postponing your reception until Spring.
Post # 4
- Wedding: September 2020 - NH Squam Lake Elopement
New Hampshire here. We didn’t cancel our September wedding, but we did cut our list from 100 or so to about 50. We have less than 10 traveling via air, some traveling about 1.5 hours via car and the rest are all local. So, we feel it’s okay to host our wedding…which will now be in our backyard.
It was hard to cut the list, but, we went with our vips. It’s easy when we you both have small families!
Post # 5
I know a couple brides still holding out for their September weddings. Maybe give it a little more time, but consider how you can scale things down.
Post # 6
Im postponed to oct but my original date had less than 50 rsvps so I am holding out for a small wedding. You may need to decide if you want to cut your guest list. If you’re not comfortable with that, maybe think about postponing.