(Closed) Sept/Oct 2011 brides: How’s your relationship right now?

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

well we’re long distance so it makes things a lot easier for the most part since he’s not in wedding world at all. my house is COVERED in wedding-related everything and he’s just out of the loop. i tell him about my projects and send him pics but that’s about it. we’re seeing each other this weekend (my flight is in 4 hours!) and i have a list of wedding tasks we have to accomplish (narrowing playlist, writing our prayers of the faithful, choosing and ordering rings, etc) in less than 2 days. on his list? us going to his friend’s house for poker, his friend coming over to set up his newly built computer and going to see Conan. :/ DUDE, DO YOU NOT REALIZE WE ONLY HAVE LIKE 36 HOURS TOGETHER?? IT’S CRUNCH TIME!!

Post # 4
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve found the month leading up to be the worst. I’m stressed with work and all my DIY projects, and he always says he will help and he doesn’t.

Plus, we are 16 days out and still no ring for him. I ordered one, but of course he didn’t bother researching the ring beforehand (comfort fit) and it didn’t fit. I just returned it to the online store and am now waiting for a credit back before rebuying.

While we have argued in the past, it’s a lot worse right now. He’s got his own set of stresses, and doesn’t think about the wedding. He doesn’t really care about it either, so it makes it a lot more difficult. And his mother has pushed every one of my last buttons recently, which isn’t helpful.

17 days and I can go back to normal… and 22 until we are at the beach relaxing with the dogs.

Post # 5
1090 posts
Bumble bee

SURPRISINGLY….GREAT. But, if you would have asked me a month ago, we were at eachother’s throats… a lot of our stress came down to the house we were trying to buy. Things are still stressful, but we made sure to finally listen to eachother & be patient (that was tough for me). we are also long distance though- so most of our conversations are on the phone. ๐Ÿ™ It will all be over soon! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 6
377 posts
Helper bee

We haven’t been too stressed out about the wedding, but we’ve deliberately planned it to be as stress free as possible.

Post # 7
204 posts
Helper bee

We’re definitely ready for Sept. 18.  As excited as we are about our wedding, the day after sounds AMAZING.  Like many of you, we’re knee deep in projects (and by we, I mean, me), and I just moved to his city and started a new job, so the house is a disaster and work is challenging right now.  All in all, I’m definitely crankier than normal!   Also, I’ve been surprisingly emotional about everything in the last couple weeks.  I think it’s just getting to the point of being too much, and all those last minute projects can’t be put off anymore.  Thankfully, he is way more emotionally stable than I am, so he balances me.  Now, if only he would do some projects WHILE he balances me!  It will all be over before we know it, and I hope we all find ways to really enjoy these last few weeks.  Good luck, ladies!

Post # 8
2701 posts
Sugar bee

We haven’t been fighting but we’ve both been working so much trying to save up money we don’t get to see each other much.

Post # 9
5106 posts
Bee Keeper

We’ve been great, but we haven’t gotten to spend a whole lot of time together lately because he’s working long (day) hours and I’m working long night hours.

Post # 11
510 posts
Busy bee

We definitely have had shorter fuses lately, but I’m trying to keep my annoyances in check.  It’s hard because we’re putting the final touches on the wedding, we’re both in super important times at work, and we are both applying to residency Sept 1st and putting the final touches on our applications. It’s pretty stressed around here.

Post # 12
609 posts
Busy bee

We have suprisingly been great but I figure once we are just a week or so away then that will change a tad since I’ll be super stressed out.. He’s not really been in to the wedding planning at all except picking his suit/tie, picking out the food, and what songs he doesn’t want to hear.. We have had a few times that we’ve butted heads just because he’ll make a comment & I’ll just get way too sensitive about it or I’ll want his help & he’ll just say “its whatever you want honey” which is great but can really irk me at times..

Post # 13
810 posts
Busy bee

I try not to give him the “This project has to be done now!” speech. I’ve learned to just follow his lead. He knows what projects we need to get done. I just quietly work on what I can do by myself and he’ll surprise me by saying “hey why don’t we work on this project together?” and I just smile and say “sure.” I think the other thing that’s really helped our relationship is that we don’t focus on the wedding too much. We set aside time during the week just to lay on the couch and watch tv, and a night to go out with our friends. Everything will fall into place, we just have to keep our heads straight and enjoy ourselves together. 

Post # 14
1501 posts
Bumble bee

We are both feeling ready for our wedding and time away from home and work. We are both so tired. The projects are coming together finally. We have been trying to do fun stuff this summer and between fun stuff and wedding planning we are burnt out. This weekend we aren’t leaving home. We are going to obviously work on the wedding but also veg out and spend time together.

I’ve noticed that I’ve been getting irritated a lot easier lately and not sleeping as well wich in turns leads to more irritation.

I’ve also noticed that we only talk wedding when it is stuff that has to be planned, not just non stop like before.

Post # 15
231 posts
Helper bee

We have been doing GREAT! Mainly because I think I care less about the wedding every day we get closer. I’m super estatic to be his wife! And I know whatever happens between now and the big day… that in the end we will be married and that’s all that matters. So the crazy mom spats, the misprinting of a program, the fact that I refuse to tie any more little blue bows! None of it matters. The RSVP counts, while annoying, doesn’t even matter.

I wake up feeling even more lucky as each day nears that I get to be his *wife*!

I’m just under 2 months to go. ๐Ÿ™‚ Let’s go October!!

Post # 16
14 posts
Newbee

You know THANK GOD I’m not alone! I feel the SAME STINKIN way as most of you!  As of Monday only 3 weeks til our 09/17 wedding and DIY projects STILL not done.  I had originally planned to have all this done by July 31st to eliminate this stress ya that didn’t happen so now I feel like I’m scrambling to get stuff done.  All these details and the money cost.  His parents have been wonderful and more involved than my own mother.  I’m getting super stressed over the wedding and the whole money issue is piling up bills along the way and trying to get it done while working a job on the other side of town. UGH! I’m actually taking a day off just to try to complete my DIY projects this weekend.  All this work for one day unreal!  No one EVER tells the bride to be about all the details and logistics that go into planning this MONSTROUSITY of a party…..

The topic ‘Sept/Oct 2011 brides: How’s your relationship right now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors