- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
I need your advice. How would you feel if cake is the only desert served. The reception venue will be making our cake and serve it instead of desert. That saves us more than $400 (I’m converting from South Africa Rands) since we will no longer have to pay for a cake separately.
Food wise I think there will be plenty. We are having a cocktail hour before the reception. We have decided on cocktail hour snacks instead of a starter before the main course and we will be serving the following:
1. Mini Croissants with a variety of savoury fillings:
– Smoked chicken and mayo
– Cucumber, mayo and cheese
– Lettuce & Tomato
– Peppadew, feta and gherkins
2. Cheese and biscuit/crackers platters
3. Biltong & Droeewors (Dried Meat & Sausage) platter
4. Cheesy Chicken Bites
5. Cocktail Mince Samoosas
6. Cocktail Beef Sausages
7. Variety of 2 dip sauces
There’ll also be cocktails and other drinks during cocktail hour. Cocktail hours are not familar at all where I come from and I am sure it will be a hit since the guests will not even be expecting water before the reception.
For the Main Course we will be serving the following buffet style:
- Sliced Sirlion served with a rich red wine sauce
- Chicken Leg Quarters with Lemon & Herb basting
- Garlic grilled butter fish served with a fresh herb sauce
- Pumkin Fritters with caramel sauce
- Creamy Spinach & Feta
- Flavoured Rice
- Greek salad on the tables
There will be free wine, spakling wine, juice and soft drinks.
Then for desert we are going for cake only. The cake will have 2 different flavours, vanilla and chocolate and it will be served with some chocolate decorations, sauces and some coulis (spelling). Do you think the guests will be angry that there is only one desert option? This is really saving us some money and $400 is a lot of money in my country, but I can’t help being concerned that guests will not be happy. I’m also concerned that since there will be enough food either desert or cake will not be eaten and we’ll have a lot left over. Please give me your views on this. Thanks a lot.