- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
We have a bit of a conundrum. We have two AMAZING places in our venue where we could hold the ceremony. One of us wants to hold it in the ATRIUM, and one of us wants to hold it in the MAIN AUDITORIUM.
Please look at the pics as well as the pro/cons! Especially the ceilings. *swoon*
Both can be seen here (I tried to get a picture that would let you see the rooms and ceiling of these places, but my skills of making panoramas of screenshots could use some fixin’.):
Here are the pros and cons for each, as we have come up with so far:
+ Can use any color scheme we like
+ Can use chairs to form a central aisle
+ Can use only the number of chairs that we need so that it doesn’t look empty
+ Light and airy will be good for photographs
+ Several pretty chandeliers, including one that weighs over a ton and is literally priceless
+ Looks “weddingier”
– Will have to rent chairs (the money is in the budget, we will just have to move it around a bit)
– This would be an ideal place to have cocktail hour, and that will be a lot harder if we have the ceremony here
– Not sure what the acoustics are like in here
– There is a statue in this room. Wouldn’t necessarily be a problem, but some might think it’s a bit weird.
+ This room is rich and decorative–wouldn’t really need any flowers, especially since some of the available scenery backdrops are GORGEOUS, very detailed handpainted antiques
+ There is a MASSIVE organ in this room–seriously–the pipes go all the way up the walls and into the ceiling
+ There is already comfortable seating
+ Acoustics will likely be awesome, because it’s a theater.
-Red carpet and curtains. Might make the planned color palette of pastels (main color mint green) really difficult to implement
– We would be getting married on a stage. That’s kind of weird, isn’t it? It’s not just an act!
– The auditorium seats 1,500. I am afraid my tiny guest list (~75) will be completly lost in all that, and it will look like no one came to my wedding
– The organist probably only knows Here Comes the Bride and Canon in D.
– No central aisle–would have to walk in to one side or the other
– Might be kind of dark for photos.
Please look at the photos and help us settle this!