(Closed) Sex hurts…has anyone else had this problem?

posted 7 years ago in Intimacy
Post # 3
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

I’ve never had this problem.. but if there is a bacterial infection inside.. why didnt she just perscribe oral medication? First thought, penicillin. Does it hurt when you don’t have sex? as in..tampons and such? I think you need to get a second opinion.

Post # 5
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t know if you use lubricants, but sensitivity to those can cause really bad pain/inflammation that takes a while to go away.  I had that problem; I am sensitive to lubricants with flavoring and then pretty much anything latex/silicone.  If you’re using condoms, maybe you’ve developed a latex allergy?  

Try advil around the clock for a week or so (if you have a sensitive stomach, take an generic zantac to prevent acid build-up), because in addition to any infection, it sounds like you’ve got serious inflammation.  FYI, prescription strength ibuprofen is the same as 4 regular advil, so you might just need more than the regular 2 every 4-6 hrs.  Avoid all penetration until you get the inflammation under control and then after a week, try using your fingers ONLY.  If no pain, then proceed with caution.  If pain, even if it’s better than it used to be, stop and either keep up the advil if it seems to be working or seek a 2nd opinion.  Good luck!

Post # 6
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

@roberts2b: Could it be possible that the implant could have something to do with it? Maybe its inflamed or something? I know I had a UTI once.. and didnt even know it until I went to the doctor (it never hurt) but it the problem got worse.. i am sure I would have been in a ton of pain. Second opinion for sure. I know this is way off, but some women are also allergic to their mate’s sperm. 

Post # 7
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I have never had this but wow I hope you feel better soon!  You might want to try a different doctor, I wouldn’t want to use a cream for external use only inside myself, especially since there is a delicate balance inside the vagina and putting something there that shouldn’t be could really mess up the pH.

Post # 9
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@roberts2b: Sorry to hear that! I can totally relate. This sort of happened to me recently. The pain was sooo bad. I went to the doc and she prescribed a cream that really didnt help much.

But she said it may have been an allergy I had developed recently, and suggested me to not use anything down there, no tampons, daily liners, lubricants, no oral, nothing for a couple of weeks and see what happened.


I tried that and it helped a lot and also made me realize I am really sensitive down there. Maybe you can try that?? Hope it helps, I KNOW it is super frustrating!

Post # 10
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Sorry, to hear that.  I would definitely go back to the doctors because someting is going on.  It could just be a vaginal infection that is affecting outside of your vagina but you need a better explaination why its not for internal.  Go make another appt and if your doctor isn’t available, you can always setup a nurse partiticioner.  Explain all of your concerns.  Be graphic and provide a pain scale.  Nothing is Too Much Information or embarrasing.

I was in a similar situation about 15yrs ago.  My first doctor didn’t diagnosis me correctly, but my 2nd doctor did.  That’s when I discovered that its better to discuss any and all changes instead of deciding it would be 2 embarrassing.   

Post # 11
1144 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I have had the same problem for me however I have given birth 2 1/2 years ago and that messed up my vagina muscles. I went to physical therepy for 8 months now I’m good just do vagina exercises regularly

Post # 12
3400 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I can totally relate to this. I don’t have the same experience as you, however. It also is nothing new for me, as I have been experiencing on & off pain during intercourse since I became sexually active. I’m going to make a doc appointment soon, because currently I am grinning and bearing it during sex, as I refuse to omit sex from my relationship. Rather uncomfortable, and a huge blow to the self-esteem..

Post # 13
11390 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Try some yeast infection medicine! Just buy some over the counter Monistat incase its a yeast infection, they are known to cause pain during sex.

Post # 14
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@roberts2b: yea i have that problem sometimes.  not to pry, but do you have any sort of stomach/intestinal problems?  unfortunately i do.  i have gastritis which is stomach inflammation.  i’ve managed to control it with diet but every now and then i have little episodes of pain and extreme bloating.

anyway i just recently went  to the gyno for my yearly and everything was fine. i mentioned the painful sex and she said it could very well be my stomach problems and explained that the anus sits right next to the vaginal wall, etc.. and the act of sex disrupts the stomach to say the least lol 




Post # 15
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Go to the doctor.Would rather be safe then sorry.

Post # 16
3254 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Does it hurt all the time or just at a certain point during sex?

It hurts for me after I orgasm, which I talked to my gyno about and found out is actually normal for many women, but she said it shouldn’t hurt before the point of orgasm. 

The topic ‘Sex hurts…has anyone else had this problem?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors