- 4 weeks ago
It’s that time of year again! Where we give and receive gifts.
My partner and I don’t earn much money…I remember seeing a post here a while ago asking how much we all earn and it was en embarrassment to say mine and my partners. We aren’t really materialistic people. We prefer spending money on date nights or trips. My engagement ring is an antique garnet ring which cost 130€. If my partner ever tells me he has a surprise for me, i know it’ll either be a little something he saw or it’ll be that’s he’s booked for us to do something, he’s always looking for activities for us to do or restaurants for us to go to .
Anyway…my top thoughtful presents from him…
1) In our house we had about 3 empty photo frames which someone gave me and were just left in a drawer…empty and unused. One valentine’s Day he printed off photos of me and my family (I live abroad and he knows how much I miss my family) and put them around the house. That year he also bought me flights to go home and see my family.
2) one Christmas he created a box which had a note on the top saying ‘open me each month and there will be a surprise for you’. Sometimes it was something like a new pair of pyjamas or it would be that he booked a spa day or something.
3) in October I finished couch to 5k…I came home and he told me to open this box, I opened the box and there was a medal he had had personalised with a picture of a runner and on the back it said ‘due to your hard work and determination, you are now a runner’
4) I have wanted s calendar in our kitchen for ages. Today he gave me a personalised calander with photos of us for each month and he’s put in some key dates like our wedding and our honeymoon .
5) flight to Venice for my birthday and valentine’s Day. He asked me to open that box again and inside was a piece of paper with a map showing a plane going from hometown to Venice.
Now I need to think of something thoughtful for him…he likes socks. Any ideas? Haha.
Share some of your thoughtful gifts here 🙂