Post # 1
So yesterday my bm messaged me to ask if I knew what the girls were having done to their hair as she styled her own hair for her sisters wedding (attending as a guest, not in the bridal party) and wanted to wear it the same way for my wedding.
Now my bm is stunning, and can pretty much pull off any look. I’m yet to see her look bad. The hairstyle she wanted however was a very curled, retro look with a massive pink clip.
The other bridesmaids wouldn’t suit it or like it at all.
I sent her the picture of the hair that I wanted (I’m paying for the hairdresser, and it has already been booked) and she replied with ‘ew, if thats how we have to wear our hair, I’m not going in the photos).
The day isn’t all about you, its about standing up with your friend, and wearing whatever hairstyle and dress she asks you to while you support her getting married.
I was just really pissed off that she didn’t even give it a try, and was so rude!
Anyway, what are your bridesmaids stories? Anyone have similiar issues?
Post # 3
@MrsMagillToBe: I was one that is so frustrated that I’m being so lax, she’s taking charge and forcing limitations on people.
It’s pretty frustrating. I DON’T CARE ABOUT SHOES- FUCKING PICK SOMETHING. NO I WILL NOT COORDINATE HAIRSTYLES. I don’t know what part of “I don’t give a shit” they do’t get. Just take a bath and show up.
Post # 4
Maybe we should swap bridesmaids lol
Post # 5
Instead of going into a lengthy story, I’ll make bullet points.
Note: We originally wanted the wedding the first Saturday in August. She had to be in a wedding on the Sunday so we moved the wedding to the end of August for her sake.
-Never available for any fittings or gatherings. Wouldn’t even wait to be told a date just repeatedly said “I’m busy”
-Told me and the other BM’s she was busy every single weekend from March – August except 1 weekend in June. So Bridal Shower was planned around her schedule.
-MOH finally got her for 1 hour on a week night to get bridal shower supplies, then demanded gas money
-After June, she wouldn’t respond to BM’s or my messages until 2 days before the wedding
-Bitches to Maid/Matron of Honor that I didn’t invite her to any of my dress fittings (total lie!)
-Refused to stay in the hotel the night before
-Acts kind of quiet the day of wedding, leaves before the dancing starts
-RSVP’d her Fiance and then he never showed up
-No gift, just a card with a computer typed message telling me to have a good life
-Never heard from her again
Let’s just say we are no longer friends. And while it used to hurt, I can honestly say it was her loss.
Post # 7
oh wow…. that’s crazy! Yes you’re better off without her =)
Post # 8
Meh, I decided to edit this out incase anybody sees this.
Post # 9
@MrsMagillToBe: This is a great idea for a thread btw.
Post # 10
Thank you 🙂
Sorry to hear that your Maid/Matron of Honor isn’t returning the time and thought that you gave her wedding.
It seems that lots of true colours show when you plan a wedding.
None of my bridesmaids have planned a shower or bach party for me.. My mum is going to plan a spa day for me so I don’t miss out.
Post # 11
I realize your over her and all but I bet it sucks to have her in your wedding photos.
Post # 12
Unreal- the nerve of some people! I had to read your post twice to let it all sink in- how horrible:(
Post # 13
Bridal showers aren’t common here in Australia in my experience, so I wouldn’t worry too much if your girls won’t organise one. The other things are disappointing though.
Post # 14
Just as a side note, I have family/cultural reasons for not having a “crazy” hens night.
Bridesmaid or Best Man – So, we gonna get crazy at your hen’s night?
Me – No, I don’t like drinking or partying, Maid/Matron of Honor will be planning something more sedate.
Bridesmaid or Best Man – Well, your not the one organising it. Maid/Matron of Honor is. If she plans a crazy night, then you will suck it up and deal with a crazy night.
Maid/Matron of Honor – I was thinking of organising a high tea on the harbour.
Bridesmaid or Best Man – How f***ing boring. Who does that? I wanna get drunk and drink through a c*ck straw.
Me – Well I don’t drink.
Bridesmaid or Best Man – But it’s your hen’s night, you have to get wild and drunk.
Me – I will not be getting drunk.
Bridesmaid or Best Man – (in a very menacing tone while standing aggressively over me) Oh, you will be! I’ll make sure of it.
Post # 15
Thanks ladies. In the end I realized I tried my best. I made so much effort after the wedding to get together to talk. She wouldn’t respond to anything so I realized I put enough effort in and stopped trying. I still have awesome friends in my life 🙂
It does suck. But on the bright side, when I had to narrow down my final edited photos I easily skipped over the ones of me and her LOL
On a side note, she didn’t have to give a gift. (I realize that probably makes me sound selfish). I just think she should have paid for her FI’s plate since he didn’t show up.
Post # 16
Where do I start? I’ll make bullet points, as well, after some background. I was her Maid/Matron of Honor, and she was a bridezilla and insane. Keep in mind, I spent about $1500 on her wedding, and I was the ONLY person who did anything for her. She threw multiple fits the day of her wedding and was only at her reception for about 45 minutes. She was/is enraged that I did not ask her to be my Maid/Matron of Honor, and is trying to make me miserable. She is failing miserably.
- Threw a fit when I didn’t ask her to be my Maid/Matron of Honor. Legit. THREW.A.FIT.
- Gave no opinion during discussions regarding the bridesmaids dress and choosing one. I really involved my girls and wanted their opinions, she gave no opinion. None, not that it was a big deal. However, once I chose a dress, she then threw a fit about it and told me I had to pick another dress. I did not. I told her basically, in nice terms, that she could either buy the dress or not be in the wedding, as other girls had already purchased the dress and could not get their money back. She bought the dress.
- I moved back to the same city she lives in to finish out my last year of law school. We go to the same university now, as of August. It was March, at my bachelorette party in a completely different state, before I saw her for the first time, although I had repeatedly tried to do things with her and she was around the city.
- She is nothing but unhelpful and disruptive and frankly rude to my Maid/Matron of Honor and the rest of the bridesmaids. She agreed to a date for the couple’s shower and bachelorette party my maids were kindly throwing for me/us, and when everything was set to go, she threw a fit and demanded the date be changed because all the sudden it didn’t fit into her schedule. It wasn’t changed.
- The week of the bachelorette party, she decides she can maybe go and tries to get me to bend over backwards to accommadate her/take her with me. I tried as best I could, but I did not revolve my plans (I had actual wedding stuff to do before the bachelorette party) around her.
- We went out to dinner for my bachelorette party, and the waiter or someone messed up the checks, so she DID NOT TIP him. I kid you not.
- She rode back with me from the bachelorette party and did not help pay gas, which is not a huge deal, but still rude.
- At my bridal shower, which she did not host or help plan (I did for her), she gave me a $5 glass that I still have yet to receive. I don’t need a gift, but she looks silly.
- She is not staying at our hotel the weekend of the wedding. Why? No idea. Her parents are staying at our hotel. Confusing.
There are so many more things that go along with this. This is just a basic run through. I am less than thrilled, but there’s nothing I can do about it now. I was such a good friend and Maid/Matron of Honor, and it makes me sad that me not asking her to be my Maid/Matron of Honor has turned her in to this. It doesn’t surprise me because she has always been selfish and bratty (re: she screamed at her parents in the middle of the reception because something they did was not her way or what she wanted). I will be taking a break from our friendship (in all ways, on Facebook and real life) after the wedding.
So, I feel your pain! 🙂