Post # 1
The Vancouver board is pretty dead… but I thought I’d try to get some life back into the boards! I’d love to hear from brides all over BC (if there are any!)
Share your vendor names, locations, and their websites. Feel free to include any details of your experience thus far too. Hopefully it will help gives brides just starting planning (or those looking for that one last vendor) a great place to start!
Just copy and paste this list below and complete…
- Your wedding date
- City you live in
- Ceremony venue
- Reception venue
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress
- Hair Stylist
- Other vendors
Post # 3
I won’t review them just yet til the wedding, but here’s the list of vendors I’m using. Who is everyone else using? Are these your first/second/third choice?
- Your wedding date: October 10, 2009 (Yikes, 1 month left)
- City you live in: Vancouver (part of the wedding will be in Langley)
- Ceremony venue: Minoru Chapel in Richmond
- Officiant: Alan Burnett
- Reception venue: Continential Seafood Restaurant in Richmond
- Caterer: n/a — restaurant
- Coordinator: n/a
- Photographer: Henry Wang
- Videographer: FFIL’s friend
- DJ/Band: ipod
- Florist: Southland Farm Market
- Cake: Ganache Patisserie
- Dress: Ruby Bridal (Christina Wu); Chantilly Bridal (Alvina Valenta); KK Boutique (cheongsam)
- Shoes: Browns
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress: http://www.unique-vintage.com
- Hair Stylist: Pamper Me Pretty
- MUA: Pamper Me Pretty
- Invitations: DIY (although Scrapbook Warehouse deserves big thanks)
- Rings: Spence Diamonds in Langley
- Other vendors
Post # 4
Well I just started planning really and my wedding is just under a year away, but I’ll share what I have! Gotta spread the Vancouver love 🙂
- Your wedding date: Sept 4, 2010
- City you live in: Coquitlam (wedding in Ladner)
- Ceremony venue: Kirkland House
- Officiant: Brent Sheppard
- Reception venue: Kirkland House
- Caterer: Undecided – between two.
- Coordinator: N/A
- Photographer: Friend
- Videographer: Uncle
- DJ/Band: iPod
- Florist: A Unique Boutique (She’s so fantastic!)
- Cake: Homemade by 10 different friends (cake buffet! Yum!)
- Dress: Bridal Gallery in New West
- Shoes: Searching patiently for cute coloured shoes I can wear in the grass!
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress: N/A
- Hair Stylist: Undecided – if anyone knows a good hair stylist in Ladner, let me know!
- MUA: Have no idea what this is 🙂
- Invitations: DIY, paper from Anchor paper (the guy there is super helpful!) and custom stamps from etsy seller ModernArtStamps
- Rings: Mine are from Blue Nile and his are from Etsy seller HawaiiTitanium.
- Other Vendors: Rentals (tent, linens, dishes) from Confetti Rentals (their customer service is fantastic in the store, although they aren’t big emailers!)
Post # 6
Yay! I’m happy to see this post is starting to get some feedback… 🙂
Post # 8
@toothfairyb: MUA = make-up artist 🙂
Post # 9
Hahah! I thought it had something to do with makeup. Thanks! 🙂
Post # 10
I would love to share mine!
- ur wedding date- July 2010
- City you live in
- Ceremony venue- Catholic Church
- Reception venue – Terminal City Club!!
- Photographer- Ellen Ho from Hong photography! She is GREAT!
- DJ/Band- Hot Wax
- Florist- NEED on Still
- Cake- April Cakes
- Dress- Maggie Sottero fro Bridal Gallery
- Shoes- Sterling
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress- Going to have them made
- Hair Stylist- Still need one
- MUA- Ai Nagasawa
Post # 13
AHHH BC’ers!! Color me excited!!
- Your wedding date: July 31, 2010
- City you live in: Victoria!
- Ceremony venue: Penfold Farms, Duncan, BC
- Officiant: Can’t remember her name off hand
- Reception venue: Penfold Farms, Duncan, BC
- Caterer: The Olive Grove, Victoria, BC
- Photographer: Orange Passion – http://orangepassion.ca
- Videographer: Chris Jaycox, Whistler, BC
- DJ/Band: Friends based out of Victoria
- Florist: Thrifty Foods!
- Cake: Cakes etc.
- Dress: TBD, trying on dresses at Blush Bridal Boutique Saturday
- Shoes: Rebel Rebel, Victoria
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress: Blush Bridal Boutique
- Hair Stylist: Paris, Duncan, BC
- MUA: Crave Beauty Boutique, Duncan
Post # 15
Hello Ladies! A big shout out to other July 2010 Brides =) Almost there!!!
- Your wedding date – July 24, 2010
- City you live in – Vancouver
- Ceremony venue – St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Officiant – Fr. Pierre
- Reception venue – Terminal City Club
- Caterer – n/a
- Coordinator – Jozen from Something Pink
- Photographer – Melvin & Co. from wired Digital
- Videographer – RJ from Wired Digital
- DJ/Band – First class DJ/ Musical Occasions
- Florist – Proline Trading —Highly recommended!!! Kathleen is awesome and flowers are very reasonably priced too!
- Cake – Cakeaters
- Dress – Pronovia from Isabelle’s Bridal
- Shoes – Jimmy Choos =)
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress – custom made
- Hair Stylist – stilll undecided, any ideas ladies???
- MUA – Ai Nagasawa
- Invitations – Cardprints
- Rings -Tiffany & Co.
- Other vendors -Time limousine/ A stylish arrivals for transportation, bridal jewelry: Tejani online
Post # 16
I’m still in the early stages, but here is what I have so far:
- Your wedding date – May 7, 2011
- City you live in – Coquitlam, BC
- Ceremony venue – Church
- Officiant – Unknown
- Reception venue – Timber Room @ Grouse Mountain
- Caterer – Grouse Mountain
- Coordinator – ME! And my mom
- Videographer – N/A
- Dress – Sottero & Midgley
- Invitations – DIY