Post # 20
I fortgot to mention that I got my dress at Diane’s Dream Brides, just like KaterTot. I loved Diane and one of their consultants actually pulled The Dress for me. 🙂 I would have never tried it on otherwise. My only complaints were with their seamstress, Francesca. My dress required a lot of alterations (it was about 2 sizes too big by the time it came in) and I was never really satisfied with her work. If I had it to do over, I would have used another seamstress.
Post # 21
Great idea! Here’s what I’ve go so far…
- Wedding Date: May 22, 2010
- Location: First Presbyterian Church of Saline
- Reception Venue: The Michigan League (UofM campus)
- Caterer: University Unions (The League catering)
- Photographer: John Rogers Photography
- Videographer: none
- Cake: Jefferson Market and Cakery (YUM!!!)
- DJ/Music: Mike Staff for DJ; cocktail music will be two friends playing tabla/sitar in the garden to get some Indian feel. During dinner my family friend will play piano as background music 🙂
- Florist: Happiness is… the litte Flower Shop (Plymouth, MI). They have been wonderful to work with so far!
- Any Other Vendors: considering a photobooth from Shutterbooth; favors will be chocolates from either Grocer’s Daughter or Sweet Gem Confections; Out of Town bags will include Mackinac Island Fudge and sugar cookies from Potbellies; Rehearsal Dinner at Mac’s Acadian Seafood in Saline (again, YUM!); Dress is from Mimi’s Bridal, as are Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. LOVE them!
Post # 22
- Wedding: May 2009 - University of Michigan Union
Wedding Date: 5/30/2009
Location (ceremony and reception) The University of Michigan Union
Caterer: University Catering (they did a fabulous job!)
Photographer: A Girl in Love Photography. All wedding photos plus portrait booth and boudoir shoot. She is amazing, I cannot recommend her enough! 🙂
Cake: Gwen’s cake decorating. Our cake was delicious and looked perfect! Also very reasonable prices!
DJ/Music: Mr. Taffy put the playlist together, his friend from college made announcements and played the music from our laptop. The Union’s sound equipment that we rented was not too great.
Florist: Sigur’s Florist. They did an amazing job on our aisle decorations! I have to say I was not thrilled with the quality of the centerpieces.
Dress: Victoria’s Bridal in Dearborn.
Post # 23
Wanted to revive this MI thread! 🙂
Wedding Date: 09/18/10
Location: Shelby Twp., MI
Reception Venue: Cherry Creek Golf Club
Caterer: Cherry Creek
Photographer: Westparkphoto.com, still browsing!
Videographer: Pro friend
Cake: Cakes by Christine’s, Shelby Twp.
DJ/Music: Pro friend
Any Other Vendors: (will update as the date gets closer!)
Post # 25
I feel so accomplished, I can finally post my Venues!
- Wedding Date: 10/30/2010
- Location: Faith Baptist, Waterford
- Reception Venue: The Iroquois Club, Bloomfield Hills
- Caterer: same
- Photographer: Ryan Pavlovich
- Videographer: NA
- Cake: Really not a cake fan, so may do cupcakes VIA Costco
- DJ/Music: Jason George of United Productions
- Florist: Bouquets – Costco, Boutenierres – TBD
- Transportation: TBD
- Chair covers/sashes: none
- Favors: DIY
- Rehearsal dinner: Gino’s in Keego Harbor.
- Dress: Julie’s Bridal Couture, Birmingham
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Laura Lynn, Waterford
- Tuxedos: Gerard Tuxedo, Livonia
- Table Overlays: Wedding Linens Direct
- Bride Accessories: Santanica on Etsy
Post # 27
Dolce La View is a pair of photographers new to the Detroit area. They take a modern, creative approach to weddings and their prices are low while they build their portfolio. You get TWO photographers too! Check them out: dolcelavie.smugmug.com
If you are looking for a great videographer, check out Alan Lockwood at Lockwood Media in Birmingham. He does some great work!!
Post # 28
Wedding Date: October 15th, 2010
Location: Addison Oaks, Leonard
Reception: Addison Oaks, Leonard
Photographer: Forever Portraits (family friend)
Cake: Home Bakery, rochester
Dj: Encore (They do mood lighting too!)
Florist: not sure yet
Hotel: Royal Park hotel. rochester
Dress: A’dora belle bridal, waterford (great deal!)
Bridesmaid dresses: Demetrios, Troy
Post # 29
- Wedding Date: September 18, 2010
- Church: Jefferson Avenue Presbyterian Church (Pastor Peter Smith is awesome)
- Reception Venue: Grosse Pointe War Memorial
- Caterer: Provided by the hall
- Photographer: Beth Merritt Photography
- Videographer: Still looking
- Cake: Sweet Treats by Anne Weertz
- DJ/Music: Brendan Best DJ Service
- Florist: TBD
- Dress: David’s Bridal
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Blaga’s Bridal
- Tuxedo’s: President Tuxedo
- Transportation: Entertainment Express (Trolley)
- Favors: Caramel Apples looking for vendor
- Photo Booth: looking for vendor
- Looking for linens
Post # 31
@Jennhasfeet – I have a friend that had her reception at The Iroquois Club and it was absolutely beautiful! Awesome choice 🙂