Post # 1
(1) someone’s child will knock over the cake or otherwise wreak havoc during the ceremony and/or reception
(2) people will randomly bring unexpected plus ones, thus demolishing my carefully orchestrated seating plan
(3) someone will propose during our reception and appropriate the moment for their own personal time in the spotlight (a fear I never had until weddingbee!!)
(4) my in-laws will show their usual insanity and do something uber dramatic
(5) someone will reveal to my uber conservative grandparents that the FI and I have actually been living together for two years before the wedding (all hell would break loose)
(6) an elderly family member (on either side) will say something racist in front of my friends (I will literally die if this happens, but unfortunately, I can’t rule it out. We both have redneck families.)
(7) my FSIL and/or FMIL will try to “crash” our first look. It sounds weird, but that’s TOTALLY something that they would do. They have no boundaries.
(8) a vendor doesn’t show or otherwise flakes out completely
Ok, I think that’s it. Those are my primary wedding day fears and anxieties. If I think of more I will add them.
It felt better to get that out. Anyone else??
Post # 3
I have this fear of getting stage fright and not being able to make my entrance either to the ceremony or reception. The constant thought of doing this is freaking me out. and usually i’m not a shy person, and do my fair share of public speaking.
Post # 4
I was nervous it would rain, which would mean moving our ceremony from beside the lake in the mountains to in some boring old room. I was nervous I would be nervous on the day, rather than happy. I was nervous that DH wouldn’t enjoy himself or would look really scared at the ceremony. None of these things happened 🙂
Post # 5
Im worried about my hair looking awful by the time the reception starts- it will be humid and hot! Also that I will be so sweaty in my dress! Im worried that we over invited and things will be too crammed- my mom added a ton of people to the guest list :-0
Also worried about tripping down the stairs.. tall heels, long dress, lots of stairs! Even though i’m slim i feel like i look larger in my dress if i don’t stand up straight.. working on that now!
The vendor thing is always a concern.. photographers or someone is late.. etc
It feels better letting some of that out!
Post # 6
1.) FSIL (step sister) will bring bratty kids to ceremony (she has already told us she is not staying for reception)
2.) If #1 happens, I say something to FMIL!
3.) My sister’s-MOH-dress won’t fit nicely..it’s already been let out and she lost 10 lbs and doesnt fit well right now.
Post # 7
Maybe getting these out there will help!
1. Dinner takes too long and cuts into dancing (FI’s only request is for at least 3 hours of dancing)
2. Salon appointments are rushed/don’t go smoothly
3. Anyone overly drunk at the reception–save it for the after party!!
Post # 8
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I’m worried that it will be too hot, because I am a sweaty bitch. Mid-May is unpredictable with weather. It could be 65 degrees (which would be ideal) or it could be 85 (which means that my makeup will melt off my face, my hair will frizz, and my heavy-ass dress will be drenched in sweat).
I’m worried that one or two older, very narrow-minded guests might have an issue with the same-sex couples that we’ve invited, and say something to offend them and embarrass us.
That’s really it.
Post # 9
I only have 1
– I am worried that I am going freak out and get annoyed with everyone clamoring over me on the day of. I get annoyed when I am around large groups of people and they look to me for what they should be doing.
Post # 10
I am worried of course, about a vendor not showing up at all, or showing up late!
I am worried that I am going to forget something the day of.
I am worried that the decorations and my “vision” will not be what I think it should be. My main concern is the reception looking how I want it to look!
The reception hall that I have booked is also having a wedding the same day that I have my reception. It is in the adjacent room, but I hope it doesn’t interfere with my party and my guests!
Post # 11
My biggest fear at this point is that I’ll be a crying mess the entire day.
Post # 12
1. Unexpected plus ones or children at our adults only reception
2. Unstoppable crying during ceremony and therefore bloodshot eyes and messed up make up for pictures
3. Going over our timelines especially for our pictures. I don’t want my guests waiting forever for us to start the party
LOL at the fear of proposals! I totally didn’t consider that either before weddingbee. I would die if that actually happened! Knock on wood!
Post # 13
1. Fear that the bodice of my dress will STILL look/be too big on my little barely b-cup boobies, OR that something will come loose–such as my fake/adhesive boobs OR push-up frontal bra.
2. FI and i will totally botch our first dance, which is a medley of choreographed salsa, swing, waltz, and tango.
3. It will be awkward and noticeable that my FI doesnt want to dance with his mom (they have a strained relationship and I don’t want to force him).
4. My dad won’t get to be as involved in the ceremony as I want–he is a Greek Orthodox priest, and we are also having about 5 other priests AND 2 bishops, including 2 relatives.
Post # 14
The people who we want to come won’t come and the people who we don’t want to come will come (we’re still early enough in the RSVPs that it’s not clear whether this will happen or not).
My psychotic uncle will somehow feel slighted because we weren’t reverent enough towards him and will make my equally crazy but very put-upon mom have a breakdown, which is what happened at my sister’s wedding. I didn’t want to invite him because I was so furious with how he treated my mom and my sister but I lost on that one.
My mom will find something else to be upset/crazy/pissed at me about and will be hellbent on making me miserable all day.
One of our grandparents will make some comment about how we’re getting married in a Unitarian church.
No one will dance.
I am also a sweat monster, and I am really worried that I will just look disgusting all day–july/august in Rhode Island can be surprisingly hot and humid–or that I will actually pass out from overheating in my dress, which isn’t even that heavy but is still a long wedding dress.
Geez, who wants a beer?
Post # 15
1. Nerves = fainting, upset stomach or the runs. (not a pretty thought but a realistic one).
2. The photogs sucking
3. Having it all fly by too quickly to actually stop & enjoy it.
4. My mom making some condescending comment in passing or ruining some part of the day in a small way that I’ll focus on all day
5. The hotel running out of beer (this has happened at my MOH’s wedding)
6. Ugly Face Crying
Post # 16
We are having an outdoor ceremony and I fear that a bird will poop in my hair. Seriously.