Post # 1
This post is inspired by Miss Pencils’ post about her fears for her wedding day! I know we all have them and I know that for a lot of us if we told our fiances/friends/family they would probably either tell us we’re crazy or tell us that everything will be just fine! So ladies, what are your wedding day fears….I’ll start with mine!
-That the DJ and/or photographer won’t show up
-That my photos will suck big time
-That we won’t have enough rooms for guests to stay in
-That one of my best friends (whos a bridesmaid) will get really drunk and end up crying in the bathroom
-That it will be so hot I wont want to move
-That I will get my period even though its supposed to be the week before
-That I wont get to spend enough time with the people I care most about
-That I will be really anxious (i have an anxiety disorder) and have a panic attack
Okay Im sure I could come up with more things…but those are what is on my mind right now! What about you?
Post # 3
Even though it’s not a super happy thread, I love it! It helps to talk about this. Here are mine:
– That I won’t sleep at all the night before and will be a zombie all day, visible in pictures
– That it will rain all day with no sun for photos and ruin our fun plans
– That I won’t look good in my dress, or my hair will look bad
– That people won’t have a good time and leave early
– The kids will take over and cry through the ceremony and break into the reception, even though they are banned from entering.
– My Mom will flip out and stress me out all day, like she did at my Sisters wedding
I’m not really afraid of vendors not showing up (hope I’m not jinxing myself) b/c we have hired very reliable people with backups and a DOC with two assistants. All our vendors are practically family and have done each others weddings, so I’m not worried. And I feel like if anyone was not going to show up, our DOC could find a replacement in a snap.
Post # 4
@moderndaisy- youre right its not a super happy thread! But, it does help to talk about our fears so we can realize that they might not be that big of a deal AND that we are not alone in feeling the way we do!
Post # 5
Oh, actually I have two to add:
– Also afraid of the lunar cycle happening. I have very bad luck with this, once it lasted 2 weeks!!! through our Cabo trip. Don’t ask me how that’s even possible.
– Also have a Bridesmaid or Best Man who will most likely be crying in the bathroom or all day while we’re getting married. She cries on the phone to me at least 2wice a week about how lonely and single she is. This is her first time as a Bridesmaid or Best Man, I don’t know if she can handle it..
Post # 6
@clarebee – I agree! It def helps to voice our concerns!
Post # 7
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I’m mostly just worried about rain. We’re having an outdoor wedding, so rain would REALLY suck.
Post # 8
I have the same fear of rain because im having an outdoor reception. Also that everything will get started late and that i will have to walk down the ilse with make up and hair half done.
Post # 9
rain.. and that FH wont like me in my dress oh hang on.. he pointed that out tonight.. so now im worried that it will happen twice!! two biggest biggest fears at the moment.
Post # 10
Sigh…so here are mine
– NUMBER ONE : So scared of all the attention being on me!!
– I will be on my cycle on my day!
– I will trip while walking down the aisle.
– I will cry so hard that I sob and ruin my make-up
– I will have a bad breakout on my face
– I won’t get to spend enough time with everyone
– It will go by too quickly
– The decorations won’t come out the way that I envision them
– My hands will be sweaty! Yuck!
– One of my Bridesmaids will act up
– That I won’t get enough sleep the night before
I know I have more..I just can’t think of them now
Post # 11
I’m having anxiety about my first entrance, i’m afraid of getting stage fright and not coming out at all. and that no one will have a good time and leave early.
Post # 12
- getting my period, i also will have mine the week before. or supposed to.
- it raining, we are taking photos at a park on the mississippi
- my son (3 1/2yrs old) having a meltdown when it comes time to walk me down the aisle with my dad
- people not having a good time at the reception
- the guitarist/soloist being late or not showing. He’s been hard to get a hold of lately to discuss music.
Does feel good to get that off the chest and try to move on 🙂
Post # 12
Oy, here go my fears:
I fear that…
-that the DJ will suck and ruin the evening
-that the photographer will take nothing but crappy shots
-that I will look like a white whale with birdwing arms
-that I will spill wine and BBQ sauce all over my gown
-that my new husband will hate the reception and end the night pissed
-that my family will cause a scene
-that my autistic quirks will get out of control with my anxiety, making me spend the day miserable and twitchy, trapped in my own body
-that I will run away from my own wedding to escape all the people
-that i will look back on the day with regret (cause it was crappy, not cause I married FI)
-that, because no one will allow me to set up the reception hall, everything will be done wrong and look horrible and make me cry
Post # 13
I fear that –
-FMIL will object to our vows.
-some guests will get obnoxiously drunk.
-FMIL will do something at the reception, if she didnt ruin the vows…
-FMIL will show up on our honeymoon. SURPRISE!
is anyone seeing a trend here?
Post # 14
– That it will raaaaaaaaaaaain! We’re doing our dance floor outside and if it rains, it’ll be really cramped inside.
– That parents won’t pay attention to the “Childcare provided” during the ceremony and we’ll have kids talking and crying during our vows.
– That my flowers won’t look awesome (for someone who thought they didn’t care about flowers, I really do care alot)
– The ugly cry. ‘Nough said.
Post # 15
that is RAINS! my ceremony is supposed to be outdoors!! i’ve been praying every night for perfect weather:)