Share Your Wedding Dresses Under $500!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1378 posts
Bumble bee

1) I don’t have a picture of me in it, but I got my dress from David’s bridal. It was 460 when I bought it.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_strapless-tulle-short-dress-with-beaded-lace-cr341606_short-wedding-dress

2) I’m wearing my mom’s necklace and earrings that I already had, so those are free. I’m wearing $129 shoes from Shoes of Prey that I designed

I’m wearing a yellow and black ribbon sash (part of the dress cost). And I’m wearing my mom’s veil that I’ve upgraded with a comb and some ribbon roses that I made. Cost of materials for that is hard to calculate because I’m using the ribbon to make all our flowers (just for the veil it would probably be <$5).

3) I haven’t figured out tailoring. I’ll probably go to David’s bridal because it will be easy and I don’t need too many alterations (just attaching the sash)

4) It took about 3 weeks from ordering to getting the dress. The sash took an extra week or so.

Post # 3
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2017

Dress: $260 @ BHLDN (Tinsley by Watters)

Accessories: $5 @ Francesca’s (Adela Chandelier Earring White)

Tailor: $220 

Ordered from BHLDN and had in 4 days. Tailoring took 3.5 weeks.

Front/Back/Side views, it turned out beautifully!

Post # 4
2871 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I feel like I post my dress here all the time, but I think mine would technically count because it was under 500$ US!

1. Dress price: Around 530$ CAN (before tax and shipping). Purchased from Etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/236864802/lace-wedding-dress-elbow-sleeve-wedding

2. Bridal accessories: Veil from Etsy (115$ CAN). Shoes from Rainbow Club – John Lewis website (95£). Mother’s pearl earrings (free) and roses for my hair (15$). 

wedding shoes

Veil 1

3. Tailoring price: 60$ CAN (just a hem) from a local seamstress.

4. Total time selecting dress to receiving it: About 2 months

5. Stock photo of dress:

dress frontdress back

Post # 5
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

cheadams01 :  So pretty! Did you go to a BHLDN or did you just order online? 

Post # 6
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2017

lizzy3400 :  My mom, sister and I ended up making a girls weekend of it and driving the 4hrs to the Chicago salon. Well worth it, the experience was AWESOME!

Post # 7
10082 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

1.) Wedding dress price and location: I think I paid $500 and bought it in TX from Sunday’s Bridal.

2.) Bridal accessories price and location: Like $30 for my shoes and necklace. 

3.) Tailoring price and location: $250 to have my dress hemmed, bustled, taken in and cups put in.

4.) Total time from selecting the dress to receiving it: The store I went to sells off the rack dresses so the dress I tried on I took home that day.

image11image13

Post # 8
325 posts
Helper bee

This was my runner up dress! $499 at Davids Bridal! Ended up with a different dress but I still love this one! 

Post # 9
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Got mine off eBay from a bridal salon going out of business. It was a sample but in perfect condition I tried it on at a different bridal salon so I knew what I was getting. $360 took about 2 weeks to arrive. Shoes I got on clearance from dsw for $27 are light blue lace up wedges so I can walk on the beach at my  wedding. necklace and earrings on overstock for $11 they’re basically identical to the ones on the stock photo. I had found the dress I wanted and searched used sites/stores and eBay for a couple months prior to finding the right deal.

Post # 10
845 posts
Busy bee

Mine almost counts

1.) Dress was $400, taxes in. I got it at a bridal store

2.) Bridal accessories: I splurged on shoes, but they were the only heels that were somewhat comfortable, $90. Jewlery was gifts from my dad over the years. Veil was borrowed from my sister and made by me grandmother. Tiara is my Tuesday tiara, bought on a whim from Wal-Mart years ago.

3.) Tailoring price: $150 to have my dress let out, straps added and bustled. 

4.) Bought it off the rack on clearance, orignal price was 1,200.

Post # 11
575 posts
Busy bee

pinksweetie90 :  Beautiful! I almost bought this one! The skirt is a dream.

Post # 13
325 posts
Helper bee

hannahdare :  you definitely need to go try it on then!! It is so gorgeous in person!! 

Post # 14
1378 posts
Bumble bee

hannahdare :  Thanks! I’m pretty excited to see the full look together

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors