Share Your Wedding Dresses Under $500!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 46
1713 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

So I ordered my dress custom from China.  It was $200 for the dress,  plus $17 DHL shipping(came in 4 days,  including a Sunday). It took 3 days less than 2 months from the day I sent her the pics to the day inreceived the dress and that included the weeks taken off for the Chinese New Year. 

The dress came with a custom beaded belt too.  Alterations are free because my sister is doing it. Basically taking it in a little and adding a French bustle. The length is perfect and it’s almost perfect fit. 

I tried the dress with an withoutba hoop skirt and decided I prefer it without a hoop so overturned the hoop to amazon.  

The dressmaker included a free swan necklace with my order that I’m wearing it the pic above.  I like it enough o may end up wearing it on my wedding day. She alsononcludes a sticky bra,  which I will not be wearing on my wedding day lol. 

I did buy this lot of 10 costume bracelets off eBay so I could get this one bracelet. It ended up being $20 with shipping. 

My shoes cost $13 at a local shoe store. They sell them on Amazon and I stole a pic. 

My veil was my mom’s and the comb is $1.75 from Aliexpress

Here’s my bouquet,  $35 from Amazon and I have the flowers left to have in my house afterward. I am spending 10 for bluebonnets to add to it  and fresh rosemary and mint from. Moms garden s I may include some sprigs of baby’s breath from the center prices too. 

Post # 47
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

This is mine!  It’s a Beatrix gown by Pinup Couture, $140 on sale.  It’s emerald velvet with bengaline interior, but it’s the back of the dress that drew me in.  I’m going to split the back up to my upper thigh and add a white flowy skirt underneath to create kind of a train of white underneath peaking out of the back.  

We are having a Harry Potter themed wedding, so I’m obviously Slytherin 🙂  My sister is wearing a gorgeous dark blue dress for Ravenclaw, my fiance is wearing a Hogwarts Dueling blazer with Gryffindor tie while his best man is going to wear a Hufflepuff tie.

Plus, because of the seam under the bust and bengaline, I won’t have to wear an actual bra…and having a 36 J chest this is a DREAM for me.  I plan on doing some silver accessories including a snake backlace (back necklace?).  My ring is emerald and silver so it should work well!

m_597c0ec441b4e09d8605a704fan_photo_cjetsally71

Post # 48
734 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

1) 350€ at the Cinderella Outlet Store in Köln, Germany

2) No accessoires- but flowers in my hair matching my bouquet. We will be barefoot on the beach and foR 30€ I got a pair of silver/white pearl beaded flip flops from Tamaris for the dinner afterwards

3) 70€ (Just needed to be shortened) at a random tailor recommend to me in Ramstein, Germany

4) it was the first store I went to and the second dress I tried on. I came back the next day with my mom, showed it to her and took it home.

5) the dress and please ignore my RBF – I was actually really happy when the pictures where taken.

Post # 49
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Dress: I found my lovely for $399 at David’s Bridal! My wedding isn’t until November so no alterations yet but all I need is a hem, everything else fits like a dream. 

Accessories: 

Bouquet: 

Venue (I just like to show it off lol): 

Post # 50
144 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
moon_river :  Thank you! Yes, I have now bought a total of 6 dresses from Light in the Box over the last 3 years and I’ve been happy with every single one.

Your dress is a perfect fit. I love that ruching detail. And what a great buy!

Post # 51
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
jesecca :  Please PLEASE post all the pictures of this. It sounds INCREDIBLE. Are you doing a HP cake too?! Saw a really effective golden snitch one just yesterday and I screenshotted it and sent it to Fiance who aggressively ignored my message 😉

The dress itself is absolutely gorgeous. I’m a 32GG and am also struggling with the bra issue, so would be really interested to hear how the dress holds things in the right place.

Everyone’s dresses are incredible. Really happy to see how luxurious you can look on a budget.

Post # 52
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
smalltownbigworld :  All beautiful choices – so elegant. Can I ask… is that bouquet real flowers? It definitely looks like it is, but would be wonderful to find out that I’m wrong…

Post # 53
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

View original reply
msbtobe :  Thank you ❤ This particular bouquet is fresh but my florist has recreated it with faux florals before and it looked almost identical. I was debating on fresh vs faux but ultimately decided to go with fresh so that I could have the dusty miller. 

Post # 57
603 posts
Busy bee

1. David’s Bridal $449

2. Amazon for Veil $12, Pearl Hair Pins $8, Shoes $25

3.Alterations $405 (taken in, cups sewn in, 5 point bustle, steamed both dress and veil)

4.  1.5 months, had to exchange for a different size, which took about two more weeks  so 2 months total, including an exchange.

Post # 58
8 posts
Newbee

moon_river :  

David’s bridal. $350. Took 5 months to receive 

Post # 59
58 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
nancy6223 :  Your dress is amazing. I’m in love with black lace wedding dresses. 

Post # 60
58 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
jesecca :  Your themed wedding sounds like it will be fun. Also, your non-tradional dress is awesome, the green velvet looks beautiful. 😁

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors