Post # 1
I just keep coming back to this forum because everyone is so helpful. 😀
So I’m having two receptions. It’ll be summer in North America and winter in South America. It won’t be super cold, but it can get a bit chilly.
I’m looking at options to cover up my shoulders and I’ve narrowed it down to two options. I’m not 100% sure I’ll be wearing the reception dress, but the neat thing is that the belt from my wedding dress matches the reception dress. Yay! So I thought it’s a cool transitional piece. The belt’s pretty awesome. It’s sparkly, but not too much and it really makes the wedding dress.
Anyway the two options are below:
- Pro: I saw another bride wearing something similar and liked the look.
- Pro: Also it looks like something I can wear for future events.
- Pro: If it’s really actually gold champagne, then it might match my reception dress. My reception dress has a champagne underlayer while my wedding dress has a pearl rose underlayer.
- Con: It’s expensive. It’s from an Etsy store so after shipping, I’m looking at a bigger price tag than I anticipated spending.
- Con: Maybe it’s TOO much shiny?
- Pro: That particular faux fur capelet is cheapter than the bolero by $50.
- Pro: It’s winter in South America so maybe it’s warmer to wear a capelet? But my Future Sister-In-Law had one and she never wore it in the end.
- Con: It’ll likely be too hot for the North American reception.
- Con: I don’t know if it is as wearable to other events as a sequin bolero. Or maybe I’m wrong?
What do you bees think?
Post # 2
One thing I just realized:
The bolero might also match my tulle skirt.
Post # 3
I love your wedding dress! It’s really beautiful. Are your receptions indoors or outdoors? If indoors, I wouldn’t worry too much about it and just pick the one you like best!
If outdoors, the bolero would be good to wear while at the actual reception, but I think the capelet may be a little much to wear for the whole thing. Also, I’m not sure that the fur won’t look to heavy against the reception dress. Also, what are you wearing the tulle skirt for?
Post # 4
Thank you! 😀
I’m thinking of wearing the tulle skirt for the bachelorette, but I’m not 100% sure. I originally posted it with this white top, but I’ve since returned the top. (It was too see through and didn’t really work out too well with the skirt.)
The North American one will be indoors while the South American one is a mix of both. And yeah that’s true, there is the bulk that comes with the faux fur. Admittingly I’m leaning more towards the bolero. I just feel like there’s more opportunity for me to wear it over the fur, but financially the fur is better. Although the financial gap between the two isn’t THAT huge either…. :S
Post # 5
naturalflight: Your dress is stunning and the belt goes perfectly with it. Hope I get to see your recaps 🙂 I voted the capelet I think it wil look romantic with your dress, I agree the bolero due to it’s shine could take the attention away from the dress.
Post # 6
CatyLady: Thank you! 😀 And thank you for your input! 😀
Post # 7
I think bolero would be better with your dress!
Post # 8
I like the bolero, the fur one might be a little too bulky and throw off the proportions. 🙂
Post # 9
naturalflight: I really prefer the bolero. Even though it’s more expensive I love the look and if it’s somethign you can wear again I think that tips the scales. Doesn’t seem to sparkly at all-IMO very classy 🙂
Post # 10
Thanks a lot everyone for the response and the votes! 😀 It’s really helping me with my decision.