Post # 1
OK, so I bought a pair of shoes but I’m not really loving them, so it’s back to the search. Unfortunately, I’m not much of a shoe person and I’m having a hard time finding something that meets my fairly stringent criteria:
- They must be flat or less than a 1″ heel. Fiance and I are the exact same height and while he normally never cares if I’m taller than him when we’re going out, he has sweetly and subtly mentioned that he really doesn’t want me to be taller than him on our wedding day, and I don’t want to be taller than him either.
- I want them to look dressy. So many flat sandals look too casual! Satin shoes would be great. They don’t have to be designated as “wedding shoes” but I’d like them to be nice.
- No flip flops!
- I don’t mind if they’re colored.
- I’d rather stay below $200, and if they’re more than $100, I’d like them to be something I can wear again!
- I am open to buying shoes from another country, as long as they’ll ship to the US.
Here’s my dress for reference:
Thanks in advance for any help! I am feeling overwhelmed with the shoe search. Part of me thinks I’m being silly for being so picky because no one will see them, but the the other part of me thinks that it would be a drag to have boring shoes. 🙂
Post # 3
I’ve seen a bunch of ladies here on the bee mention these shoes. They’re really cute and come in a bunch of different colors!
Here’s another option!
Post # 4
@Boopers: Thanks! I like the second pair a little better than the first…I’m not a big fan of wedges.
I wonder if any of y’all Bees think something like this would look OK with my dress:
They’re knock-offs, but I’m ok with that…
Post # 5
These are by “Ras” and are on http://www.endless.com:
These are by “ALL BLACK” and also can be found on http://www.endless.com:
Post # 6
How about mine? Flat..white satin with rhinestones so very dressy and comfortable!
Post # 7
Post # 9
Post # 10
Go Tarheels! (That’s my alma mater too!)
I’m in the same boat on the height issue, so I’ve been scanning all the flats – heels of 1 inches.
I would check zappos and endless.com. They have fancy filtering features so that you can search for flats or heels of certain lengths. I do not know what your wedding colors are, but these gold ones are pretty cute (and comfy too! I’ve tried them on).
Post # 11
Post # 12
Just a Sale Alert! =]
DSW 25% OFF today with CODE CYBER25
Post # 13
@tarheelgrad98: Where did you find these shoes? I am curious because they are similar to a pair I love, but I was wondering if they are cheaper. Here is the pair I love that are similar to yours:
You can get in Ivory or Pink.
Post # 14
Post # 15
I have no idea about shoes but just wanted to say I love your dress 🙂
Post # 16
Thanks Bees! Y’all are awesome. I appreciate all the responses! I’ve decided, though, that I must be super-picky…I am just not feelin’ most of the flats that are out there! 🙁 I found some potential shoes from a company in the UK, though, and I’m going to post a poll in a minute.
@MissBoston: 🙂 Thanks so much!! I love her too!
@andreagrace34: They are Christian Louboutin knock-offs that I found on some site…and they only come in the pink color. I do like the ivory ones you posted, but I like the fullness of the ruffles in the CL knock-offs a little more. However, the ones you posted are cheaper than the knock-offs. Here’s the link: