(Closed) Short cycles and early O?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
Member
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I wouldn’t think so as if you’re ovulating cd 9-12 and your cycles are 25 days long then your Lp is more than sufficient to sustain a pregnancy. Can you post your charts? 

Post # 4
Member
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Your charts look awesome with a nice long Lp. I actually think there’s some discrepancy with O some of them though – dec wnd Jan I would say O cd 13 for example. keep doing what you’re doing and BD when you see fertile cm, your charts look great! 

Post # 6
Member
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Kacie209:  I hear you, it’s amazing how many factors can affect temps! I loved charting – learned so much about my body!

Post # 7
Member
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Backyard

View original reply
Kacie209:  As I understand it, early O is the reason for the shorter cycle and the important part when it comes to getting PG is the length of the luteal phase, which is generally pretty consistent (10-16 day normal range, IIRC – which it sounds like you are having). So no, I doubt that the shorter cycle would affect you being able to get PG.

If it makes you feel any better, I am close to your age and also had 25 day cycles after coming off of BC pills. We got really lucky and got PG on our 3rd cycle, but I was told by a doctor that it was completely normal for it to take up to 6 cycles off BC pills to get back to a normal cycle where it would be possible to get PG. I had asked just after my 2nd cycle because I also thought it seemed a bit short, and because I was having what seemed like abnormally short periods (1-2 days).

Post # 8
Member
2598 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

The only concern I know is the luteal phase (as PP suggested), although there’s other things that could be problematic that won’t show up just through charting (like any problems with your husband, for example). 

But, 5 months really isn’t that long to try. Although they consider 35 “advanced maternal age” in the US (it’s 37 in Australia, I heard), it’s reasonable to try for a year. 80% of couples DO get pregnant wtihin a year (and that doesn’t mean the remaining 20% are infertile–it means that some of those couples just took longer than a year). I wouldn’t get too panicked about it yet. 

The topic ‘Short cycles and early O?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors