5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

What about a gorgeous birdcage veil? 

Post # 4
1897 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

YESSS!  The minute you said ‘BCBG” dress, I KNEW it was that one!  I just love that dress.  It’s adorable.  I say rock a cute blusher, bird cage or shoulder length number.  Keep it short and sweet, just like your dress!   **PS:  I secretely reallly, reallly, reallly wanted a short dress for our wedding.  Way to go–you’re going to look amazing

Post # 6
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

great dress – this veil would look super cute with either one of these. From etsy – all kinds of short bubble type veils.
Monique- Ivory dupioni flower hair comb and detach Ivory Pouf veil, bubble veil
Rosalind-ivory satin budded rose fascinator and detach birdcage veil

Post # 8
828 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’m a short dress bride, and am wearing a birdcage veil very similar to the second pic @Iblewthebudget posted.

I would also suggest looking at hair flowers or pretty headbands if you didn’t want to commit to a veil. 

What style will your hair be in?

Post # 10
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I would say any veil shoulder-length or shorter should work with your dress – I know how you feel and am currently leaning towards no veil (after being set on a birdcage veil for years).

A fascinator would look great with it too though (still very bridal, but less traditional).

Post # 11
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

🙂

Post # 13
804 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’m a short dress bride and I’m thinking somewhere between elbow and shoulder length. A little cage veil would look fab with that dress!

Post # 14
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I love that dress I ordered a knock off from china of the same dress for $99!

I’m not wearing a veil, I think if i HAD to wear something i would do a headband or something.

Post # 15
1154 posts
Bumble bee

I’m wearing a short dress and probably no veil.  I wanted a birdcage but found it didn’t suit my face or my dress.  But with your dress I think both birdcage and bubble would work well.

I actually also think that a drop veil long and sheer would look nice.  That’s something I considered but decided I didn’t want to bother with.

The thing that’s going to make you feel like a bride is that you’re getting married!  🙂

The topic ‘Short Dress Brides & Veils’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors