- 7 years ago
- Wedding: April 2011
So I’ve been MIA due to wedding craziness and being ill *boohoo*
However, I’m back with some advice and a few pictures from friends to share with ya’ll!
Anyways, here goes
1. If you’re going to have a beach wedding, count on wind and your veil flying all over the place if it doesnt have lace edging!! I two layers, one was a blusher and the other with lace edging. the blusher was flying ALL over the place during the ceremony and blew back covering my face during the processional =( So yeah, i didnt see too many good processional pics of me and my hubby as my face was covered the whole time. if i could do it again, i’d probably have tried to hold it down or have one of my Bridesmaid or Best Man tuck it into my dress as we walked off
2. If you walk down the aisle with someone (your dad/parents), count on him/them stepping on your dress!!! i lost a bit of weight in the past weeks since my final fitting so my dress was already a bit loose D: so as we were walking down, my dad was stepping on it, thereby pulling it lower. i kept looking down and freaking out cuz my corsette/bra was PEEKING!! EEE!! thank goodness for my veil and my bouquet… i used the bouquet to hide the peep show lol (still showed up in some photos though D:)
3. Setup is going to be crazy so be sure you let the bridesmaids and groomsmen know what they need to do ahead of time, print a list, whatever. in the end, its hard to coordinate when you and your groom are trying to avoid each other, so make sure things are written down and sent out to your helpers (ideally who are NOT part of the bridal party) so they can get things going for ya incase the bridal party is running late.
4. Count on things being forgotten; dont freak out, in the end, no one will notice except you!! Lots of little details we wanted were missed, forgotten or whatever, I was getting super anxious but realized they weren’t so important in the end.
5. Have a bridesmaids or non-bridal party person help you take pictures of you and people. Even though you have a photographer, they aren’t going to get EVERY shot of you + friend/family in a posed style so be sure to have someone get lotsa those for ya!!
6. Bring flats or whatever to change into for the cleanup; its not fun trying to cleanup running around in heels!
7. Be sure to have MANY bobby pins & safety pins ready. Fashion tape is a must too!! Also, hairspray!! If you’re like me and booked a 5:30 am hair and makeup appt, and have a whole days worth of things to do (tea ceremony in morning + beach ceremony in afternoon), your hair will eventually fall apart. make sure you touchup with hairspray and bobby pins!
8. There might be just one, or many, in the bridal party that might run late. So designate a family member (in my case, my bro hehehe) to run around helping you do things. Ideally, a guy cuz they arent in heels 🙂 My bro was such a HUGE help; I never realized how much I would need him!
9. Don’t fret too much and try to enjoy your day. You are inevitably going to run behind schedule, but just concentrate on the most important part: seeing all your friends and family!! Hubby and I agreed photos of us could always be re-enacted in a studio, but we cannot re-enact memories with our loved ones. So if you have a chance, go dance with your little cousin or whatever!! Don’t spend too much time on photos – you can always rent a dress and redo them with your hubby another time 🙂
Wow, that was a crapload… haha.. this wedding planning stuff really was a learning experience and I’m sorta in the bittersweet phase where I’m sad it’s over, but happy I don’t have to plan anymore!!
Here are some pictures to make this thread less boring 🙂
my most favorite part of weddings, CAKE!!
here’s our cake surrounded my the Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets (we liked the idea of reusing them for decor!)
our ceremony 🙂 my fav pic so far! had to cover our faces though cuz hubby is a bit picky about me being so open about stuff online lol. and if you cant tell, the shiny background is the ocean!
Here’s a better picture I think, you can also see my veil flopping around lol. it was quite windy : P
finally the processional where my veil again has covered my face lol owell 🙂 this is also my favorite pix of my bouquet!! notice the anemone theme? 😀
and of course, a peek of my qipao from the tea ceremony!! i wore a birdcage with it and i LOVED it, i almost didnt wanna change to my lace veil later but my mom convinced me to; but i still ended up changing back to it after the ceremony 😀
finally another pix of me in my birdcage + dress 😀 love this random shot!
man i didnt think i would upload so many pix, but imma do the formal recap later when i get my pro shots!! hope you all enjoyed my mini recap/advice 😀