Post # 1
Hi ladies! I am 4’11 and recently gained about 10-12 pounds (this summer) and I’m feeling really nervous about dress shopping, the big day, and all that jazz. While I understand that everyone is different and has different goals, I’d LOVE to hear from other shorties! 🙂
So I have a few questions for you:
- How tall are you? (4’11)
- What’s your goal weight? (~100 pounds –I usually maintain at 95-100 but I am giving myself a higher goal because I have been lifting weights which = more muscle mass)
- What is your current weight? (108 pounds)
- How long do you have to reach your goal? (I have until August)
- What is your plan for losing it? (modest deficit of 250-325 calories or so, cardio 6x a week, weights 3x a week, and a lower carb diet, oh and 1 or 2 days a week I’ll eat at maintenance)
Looking at a 4 week time span, this SHOULD result in a 1.5 pound loss each week. From January till June this is 21 weeks (so let’s round down and call it 20)…that means I can lose 5 x 1.5 with this approach. That’s 7.5 pounds WITHOUT killing myself and making it feel impossible. It also gives me the month of December to maintain and has me finishing up nearly 12 weeks before my wedding. This way I can buy my dress in June (I’ll order it off the rack) and have it altered by the 6 week out mark. If I don’t succeed and need to drop a few I’ll still have time.
So, that’s my plan. What’s yours?
Post # 5
Well I don’t really have lbs to lose but mostly I need to tone. Gonna play anyway though….
How tall are you? (5’3″)
What’s your goal weight? (same as current, don’t need to lose)
What is your current weight? (112 pounds)
How long do you have to reach your goal? (July)
What is your plan for losing it? (I’m good about what I eat since I am a dietitian and believe in practicing what you preach. However I have a hard time sticking to an exercise regimen. My plan is to do 2-3 weight training sessions a week and 2-3 cardio sessions a week.)
Post # 7
awesome! so many shorties. I love it. Do you have a goal size? What’s the reason behind the specific goal you’ve chosen? If anyone needs diet/workout advice I do consider myself quite knowledgeable. Also, I’m on MFP if you use the site.
Post # 8
How tall are you? 5’2″
What’s your goal weight? 110-115
What is your current weight? 130lbs
How long do you have to reach your goal? I would like to be my ideal weight by the time I have dress fittings. So… Spring/summer?
What is your plan for losing it? Train for a half marathon. start yoga classes. Stop eating huge unnecessary portions.
What part/s of your body do you want to target: all over! Mostly arms/back/hips.
Post # 11
- How tall are you? 5’2″
- What’s your goal weight? 120
- What is your current weight? 167.8 as of this morning
- How long do you have to reach your goal? wedding is October but I’d love to reach my goal by my birthday in July.
- What is your plan for losing it? Low carb, moderate exercise with emphasis on toning
I have a lot of weight to lose and I’m so far from goal it’s pretty arbitrary at this point. I’d be happy to weigh under 150 for the wedding but 120 is my “ideal.”
Post # 15
- How tall are you? 5’3″
- What’s your goal weight? 115lbs
- What is your current weight? 137lbs 🙁 I gained 5lbs in a week while on a trip to NYC – damn you cheesecake!!
- How long do you have to reach your goal? August because that’s when I plan on getting my dress fitted
- What is your plan for losing it? Ideally go to the gym 5x a week (lift weights 3x, cardio 4x), stick to water, eat out less, prepare healthy meals, cut out carbs at dinner, snack regularly (healthy snacks of course!). I downloaded the Couch 2 5k app on my phone and I’ve been doing that during my cardio sessions so maybe I’ll sign up for some sort of run come spring.
I’ve been doing this for 3/4 weeks now and I haven’t seen much difference but I hope my body adjusts and starts burning within the next few weeks. I’ve done this before and started to see my body constantly losing weight after I’ve done a month consistently so if I can stick to it, and say lose a pound a week as of January, I realistically should be good by May/June.
Post # 16
1. How tall are you? 5’3″
2. What’s your goal weight? 110-115 (I was this weight for a very long time so I know it’s healthy and do-able for me)
3. What is your current weight? 145-150 (I fluctuate a lot for some reason and my “fat” is pretty well spread out over my body so I don’t look as bad as that sounds.)
4. How long do you have to reach your goal? Obviously I would like to be my goal weight by the wedding. However, I would like to loose weight throughout the year so I look better for NYE, my birthday, summer, bachelorette party, etc.
What is your plan for losing it? This is the hard part. I’m pretty good with eating good. The weekends are hardest for me though and my Fiance can eat whatever he wants, how ever much he wants and not gain a single pound, which makes it harder. I really don’t like exercise, especially in cold weather. I just need to find something that isn’t “traditional” exercise. I thought about joining a gym for the classes they offer but my Fiance said it’s a waste of money because I can just go running or something for free.
Any bee’s have any suggestions? Should I just join a gym and hope that he understands once I start losing weight?