(Closed) Should I axe the florist?

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
  • poll: Should I axe the florist?
    YES!!! you silly girl! : (11 votes)
    65 %
    No, wait it out, confront her. Then decide : (6 votes)
    35 %
  • Post # 3
    778 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2009

    maybe email isn’t the best way to reach her.  Once you finally get a hold of the florist, let them how disappointed you are about the lack of communication and ask how they prefer to be contacted.  Also ask if they can respond to your communications within X hours (at least 24, but 48 is reasonable) and if they don’t think they can do that then you may have to walk.

    Post # 5
    778 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2009

    you don’t have to be mean, just confident.  I usually sugar coat my sternness.  It will be fine.  Luckily you haven’t placed a deposit yet so if you do need to back out you can without losing money.

    Post # 6
    337 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

    I wouldn’t say to cancel her just yet as she might have more time for you now that the other wedding canceled on her. Call her as soon as you can and let her know that you need to put a deposit down soon because of finances, etc. Then ask her specifics about when she’s booking the flowers and all of that. If she can’t respond, give her a short time frame deadline. If she still doesn’t come through, cancel it.

    Post # 7
    1718 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country

    I’ve noticed a pattern that typically if people have nagging doubts about their vendors, they are usually right.  I would definitely start looking elsewhere, asap, while keeping your current vendor on the backburner just in case you can’t find anyone else.  Love Chela’s advice about asking them if they are able to respond to you within 48 hours… there is no reason that a vendor can’t do that for one of their paying clients.

    Post # 8
    2004 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2008

    Well I don’t know that you can fire her, because technically speaking actually you have not yet hired her! Her behavior speaks louder than any good deal she might give you. If two months have gone by and she has not yet found a way to take the money and business you are trying so hard to give her, then I say look elsewhere for someone who wants to work with you. That will be worth any extra price you might pay.

    The topic ‘Should I axe the florist?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors