(Closed) Should I Call & Cancel?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

It doesn’t sound to me like you love this dress, and you were going to get it because everyone else raved about how it looks.  For what it’s worth, I think it’s beautiful and great for your figure.  But I don’t think you’re excited about it.

If lace dresses aren’t working out for you, maybe lace isn’t meant to be – or maybe it is.  But there are a lot of dress options in between a lace dress and this dress – so even if you don’t get what you originally thought you wanted, I’m sure you will find something you really love, not something you’re just so-so about, like this dress.  🙂

Post # 4
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Agreed with the previous poster. You don’t sound to happy with your dress. IMO I think you should wait until you know what you really want. And the dress looks great on you, it really does. But if it’s not the one, and you find the right one later on you might become a two dress bride.. :/

Post # 5
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@redband: I think you look amazing in the dress, but if your heart isn’t in it, keep looking and ur right to think that you shouldn’t get too tied down to the ideals in your head. I say keep try both lace and non-lace dresses, but keep those top contenders down in your head. I didn’t have this crazy in-love moment when I found my dress…but I def said WOW!!! and knew It would fit into how I wanted to look. But don’t loose your mind over the whole thing. You will get yourself confused if you visit too many stores, try on too many dresses, etc. 

Post # 6
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

imho i am not loving it. why because you dont love it. ok not everyone gets that wow moment but everyone gets a i look good in this.

your post and your body language in the photos do not shout this is MY dress. i would say cancel you can always go back if you change your mind at a later date

good luck x

Post # 7
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Cancel it – not because its not a beautiful dress but because it sounds like you already have dress regret… 

Hope you find the one! x

Post # 8
4014 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Stunning dress on you! But if you dont love it, you should keep looking for the one!!

Post # 9
2950 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Stunning dress on you! But if you dont love it, you should keep looking for the one!!

THIS!

Post # 10
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Cancel it.  Don’t walk down the aisle in a dress you don’t love, you’ll regret it.   

Post # 11
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think the dress looks beautiful!  But, if you’re not happy with it, you should cancel it.  You can always order it again if you decide it’s the one.  I thought I wanted a lace dress too but they didn’t look the best on me and I ended up with shiny satin and I love it.

Post # 13
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

If you love the bottom of your dress, Enzoani Damas is similar to it but it has a lace top (since you said you wanted lace). I’ve posted myself in it a few times if you want to look. I think the dress you bought is beautiful, but if you’re still having doubts, there are other similar Enzoani’s with some lace.

Post # 14
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Cancel for now.  Keep looking and maybe you’ll find something you love or maybe you will realize afterward that you do love this one afterall!

This dress really does look nice on you!

Post # 15
1697 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsCoachBtoBee:i agree!! cancel it and reorder if you really need to !

Post # 16
2584 posts
Sugar bee

The dress looks gorgeous on you!

I haven’t had that “THE dress” moment and I’ve tried on maybe 100. I’m at the point where it’ll have to be a dress I really like and hopefully I’ll learn to love it… both of our dates are creeping up on us and I know that a lot of shops in my area won’t order much later than 8 months out without a rush on the order.

If you think about dresses that you liked how they looked on you, is this one the best? I really like lace also but it doesn’t really flatter my figure. If you can think of another dress you liked better though, cancel this one.

The topic ‘Should I Call & Cancel?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors