Post # 1
Ok me and my FH arent getting married until next yr june 1 i just found out i was pregnant a few days ago but prior to me finding out i was pregnant me and my FH had already discussed us going down the courthouse and get married before our actual wedding date and he said we can just keep it a secret but now since i am pregnant he says we should do it even more now because he dont think we should bring anymore kids into this world without being married becasue we already have a 2 1/2 yr old me personally dont think it really matters he says that he dont want to wait anymore that he just wants to get married and we can do that now and still have the wedding that i want because he doesnt really want to have a wedding hes more focused on marrying me..Me personally i understand i want to get married as well but i can wait he doesnt seem to want to.. what do yall think do you think its pointless or stupid to get married now and keep a secret…
i previously had a post up about this walked away with my 2 yr old was at my computer came back and idk what he did but it was gone …..terrible 2s
Post # 3
Why not elope, and have a celebration at a later date? I wouldn’t keep it a secret though… I never really understand why the secrecy especially if you have a 2 yr old and another on the way and your Fiance wants to be married before having baby #2.
Its not uncommon to elope or have a very small ceremony and then a celebration at a later date.
Post # 4
What is his reason for wanting to get married now? Is it reasonable for you to move it up to later this year as a compromise?
Post # 5
@stuckinwonderland: his reason is just that he doesnt want to wait he wants to marry me now and no theres no way to move it sooner due to finances and i would rather not be pregnant when we have the wedding
Post # 6
Well, surely he understands your financial situation. What is he suggesting? Is he just wanting to go to the courthouse? Are you hell bent on an actual wedding?
If that’s the reality, then you’ll have to compromise somewhere. As mentioned in my other post, which I think got deleted, we ended up at the courthouse when our infant daughter had to have immediate surgery (we had planned a wedding, but obviously, this took priority). It’s a few years later and we’re planning a small vow renewal. That’s an option, of course, but it’s not the same as having a wedding, so you have to look at what you’d give up with something like that. Not to mention, next year isn’t a very long time to plan a vow renewal after your wedding.