- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2018
Hey Bees! I need some advices. I’ve been having some doubts lately. I want a medium-big traditionnal wedding. My Fiance would have prefered a smaller wedding but he sees how much I want a bigger wedding so he doesn’t mind too much having a bigger one. We can(-ish) afford our wedding but I’m starting to feel this is really a lot of money for just one day. There’s also been distant relative in my familly that have tried and successed in inviting themselves, and my mom is supporting them… It’s not a lot of drama, but I still don’t like it.
I’m starting to wonder if it wouldn’t be better to elope or have a very informal wedding or pot luck kind of things. My fear is that I will regret it. Fiance said that if we do a smaller thing now, in 5 years or something we could do a big reception like I want now, when we’ll be able to afford it more. But I’m not sure it’d be the same for me, it wouldn’t be my wedding day. Also, if we elope, I feel like it’d be easier to do it in the summer, like having a nice little reception outside somewhere. Thing is, neither Fiance or me really like summer, that’s why we were planning an november wedding. Sorry if this is sounds a bit like rambling. We haven’t yet signed with any vendor (except planners and wedding dress), so I can still change my mind on what I want. Tomorrow we are looking at venue so I guess that’s why I’m having second thoughts. Also, if we do a smaller thing now, we’d be able to have a nicer honeymooon quicker.
— A destination wedding is out of the question, we’d want at least our very close family there and both our close family are very poor, so they either couldn’t come or we’d have to pay for them which would end up costing as much or more than the wedding we are planning now…
I wonder if I should elope –
Why I want to :
-A little drama with my family
-We’d be able to have a nicer honeymoon sooner
-We’d have a bigger event in a few years when we can afford it
Why I don’t want to :
– I want the big wedding, the stress and excitement that comes with it
– I feel like I’m going to regret eloping
– I think eloping would be kind of anti climactic after a long engagement.
– I feel like if we elope it’d be easier to do something outside, but we don’t really like summer, so I don’t know where/how we’d elope…
– Also a few months ago, we went to a wedding that was in the morning with a nice brunch. And even though everybody was dressed up and the bride had a nice gown, it didn’t feel like a wedding… no one dancing, no wedding traditions, and over by 4… Fiance and I agreed that we didn’t want something like that..