(Closed) Should I file a complaint against this dentist? (Long, sorry)

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

woah, I don’t know anything about legal stuff, but that’s not cool.

If it’s feasible to recoup your losses (I’ve heard it can be expensive/time consuming to take someone to court), I would say go for it!

ETA: Could you at VERY least report him to the BBB or some equivalent organization for dentists? Maybe that’s what you’re really asking. I say report him! That way others are less likely to suffer under his hands as well… theoretically at least!

Post # 4
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think if you plan on taking him to court, you need to file every complaint that you can.  I would try to see if there was a way that your insurance company could negotiate for you, I’m not completely sure if they would but it might be worth something.

Post # 5
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2006

Each state has a regulatory office for Dentists.  I forget what it is called.  You may want to contact them about the appropriate action to take.  We had a case of a dentist 2 years ago that tried to bill us for $500 above and beyond the $300 max per person on insurance covered — for a cleaning!  In order to accept our insurance they have to agree to to bill us for more than the $20, which it states right on our insurance card.  Just the threat of being reported “negotiated” our bill with them 🙂

Post # 6
12 posts
  • Wedding: December 2010

Its actually really, really easy to take someone to court – and you dont need a lawyer.

I am a lawyer and I think you should file a complaint with the dental board in your state, then get ALL your recpiets + xrays + clinical charts and notes from Dentist A (he has to legally give these to you) and then figure out how much $$ you lost from his bad work (if it is under a threshold- lets say US$3000) you can then go to your local court. Speak to the clerk of court – tell her you wish to file a small claims suit.

Send the suit via court process server (sherrif) to his dental office and voila you have a law suit.

See him in court, present your case yourself (you DO NOT NEED A LAWYER in small claims) its very relaxed and informal.

I would imagine if he did cock up, you will get the difference awarded.



The topic ‘Should I file a complaint against this dentist? (Long, sorry)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors