(Closed) Should I Forgive My Ex-Friend & Forget?

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Should I forgive him and talk to him again?
    Yes : (10 votes)
    43 %
    No : (13 votes)
    57 %
  • Post # 3
    2750 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

First of all, there is no such thing as a 14 year old whore. =/

Post # 4
    1828 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@mrsbruff2b: My thoughts exactly. No matter what this girl did, your friend was in the wrong for sleeping with a 14 year old girl while he was 19. I would question his character on this, and this alone.

Post # 5
    4824 posts
    Honey bee

I dont think I would want to be friends with someone who would date a 14 year old a 19 year old. That is illegal and creepy.

Post # 6
    23 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2009

Uhh, your friend should go to jail….

Post # 9
    2750 posts
    Sugar bee

I don’t think you get what I’m saying.  14 year olds are in 8th or 8th grade.  In that stage of development their bodies are changing.  No 19 year old right in their mind should be enabling or acknowledging any sort of sexual attention from a 14 year old, period. 

A 19 year old is the one held accountable for the inappropriateness of that relationship.  He took advantage of her whether it be sexually or emotionally. 

He’s not looking for maturity if he’s dating a 14 year old. 

I’m sorry, but there really isn’t any sort of defense that can be made.  If I were you, I’d distance myself from this guy and do a lot of deep inner reflecting on the way you perceive these other girls.

Post # 12
    1249 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

@OpheliaRose:  It doesn’t matter if the girl did or did NOT have sex with your friend.  It is completely wrong to want a committed relationship with a child.  Someone you went to high school with is different.  They obviously did not go to high school together.

Honestly, it sounds like you both have issues.  If you want to be friends with him, do so.  Talk to your fiance and see what he thinks. 

ETA:  And where were this girl’s parents during all this??  My parents would have sent all those boys to kingdom come with a shotgun!!  (Not really – but I would have been grounded.)

Post # 13
    2750 posts
    Sugar bee

@OpheliaRose: You need to reflect because you cannot see past your friendship to think objectively. This is probably why you posted here in the first place looking for an answer you weren’t getting from your family and friends who also have a third person perspective. 

Your choice of words don’t reveal maturity, but it also reveals the “blame” you are putting on this young girl so you can clear your conscious of being this guy’s friend again. 

It’s not about HER actions, it is about HIS and YOURs.

Post # 15
    2750 posts
    Sugar bee

@OpheliaRose: Regardless of culture or religion, your friend acted inappropriately.  You list a slew of excuses and explanations for him, so clearly, in your heart, you are okay with it.  Why ask us if you forgive him since you already have?

Post # 16
    1249 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

@OpheliaRose:  I was homeschooled all my life, and I still manage quite well in society.  It’s a choice.  He chooses to hide his sub-par social skills behind being homeschooled (which gives a bad rap to homeschoolers!) instead of taking the time and effort to practice and learn about what is acceptable and what is not.

Still NO excuse for dating a 14 year old girl.

The topic ‘Should I Forgive My Ex-Friend & Forget?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors