Post # 1
Should I invite this person? Here are the details:
– she’s one in a group of about 10 of my college friends
– we have a very tight guest list
– we have such a tight guest list that if i invite her i may have to not invite someone else that is important to me
– she is not that important to me
– she IS important to the college group as a whole
– her best friend is invited and they live on opposite sides of the country (don’t often get to see one another)
– it will be clear to the full group that she’s been left out if she’s not invited
– she’s not very nice to me (my friends say that’s just how she is in general)
– this group only really sees each other at weddings
– i won’t see her until the next wedding
– we don’t talk/chat/get together
– we don’t live in the same city
– we are facebook friends
So wadda ya say?
Post # 3
She’s Not even nice to you? Don’t invite her! Who cares if she is part of the group. ” Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
Post # 4
If you don’t hang out with her alone and only as part of the group then don’t invite her. If her best friend wants to see her she can go visit.
Post # 5
@queencharlotte04: I say EHHH! Don’t invite her. It’s YOUR wedding! You said you would rather invite someone else, definitely invite who you want and DON’T invite who you do not want.
Post # 6
I agree with you guys. Do you have a good “response” if it comes up with her or, more significantly if it comes up within the group? I feel like “she sucks” isn’t a graceful bride’s wedding day response.
Post # 7
@queencharlotte04: Based on what you’ve said here, it sounds like she’d just be invited out of obligation. If that’s the case, she shouldn’t be invited, especially considering you may be forced to leave someone else out (that you’d rather have there, no less). I understand not wanting to cause drama, but you said it yourself: she is not that important to me and she’s not very nice to me.
Post # 8
@queencharlotte04: Absolutely not! The members of your college “group” are individuals and can function without her. If members of the “group” ask why she’s not invited, simply tell the truth: “We’ve never been especially close, and it’s a small wedding”.
Post # 9
- Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017
@paula1248: Yes, I’m in the same situation and I’ll be pulling that line.
If she’s not nice to you and she’s only there because you felt obliged you won’t like looking at the wedding photos she’s in. Don’t invite her. As another pp said if said group of friends want to hang out they can meet up on their own. If they only meet up at weddings that’s their problem not yours.
Post # 10
@queencharlotte04: will there be negative ramifications for you from the group if she is excluded? ie will you be talked about negatively, ostracized, not invited to someone elses wedding later etc…..
Post # 11
If somebody asks, just say you’re not particularly close to her, and since you are having a small wedding, you’re only inviting people you ARE close to.
Post # 12
@hollyberry4: hahaha dang right aint nobody got time for that!
Post # 13
I said hope like heck she won’t come. You said she doesn’t live near you and she’s not nice to you. Maybe she won’t make it in but at least you don’t look sus not inviting her.