(Closed) Should I save $100 on these shoes??

posted 8 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Which shoes should I pick?
    Save the Money and go with Vaneli's (first pic) : (24 votes)
    53 %
    Splurge on the Kate Spade's (second pic) : (21 votes)
    47 %
  • Post # 4
    Bee
    2362 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

I voted to save the money because I like both pairs and if they are comfortable and you won’t see them really, why not!  But honestly, if this is going to be one of your big splurges, and you think you would wear the shoes again, I would not say you are wrong to go for the splurge!

Post # 5
    4001 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I’m probably the worst influence when it comes to shoes and accessories.  I like the second ones better, sorry!  I guess, if there’s ever a time to splurge, its on your wedding attire… right?

Post # 7
    96 posts
    Worker bee

Oh I LOVE the Kate Spades!! (I know, that’s probably not what you were wanting to hear >.<)

If it were my choice, I would probably get the Kate Spades, because I would be more apt to wear them afterwards, with a cocktail dress or dressing up a cute pair of jeans etc.

BUT if you could use the $188 elsewhere, for something you really need/want, then I’d get the Vanelis, they’re pretty too =]

Post # 8
    96 posts
    Worker bee

Okay, that nullifies my post, LOL!

If you don’t think you’ll ever wear them again, and you don’t have money to blow, then maybe you should go with the Vanelis.

Post # 9
    7152 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

If you’re not going to wear them again..save the money!

Have you thought about getting some shoes in a color that you would wear again?

Post # 10
    671 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2018

Def save your money!  Ivory shoes are not something you’ll get a lot of future wear out of.  Bee practical!!  ; )

Post # 11
    494 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I’m a fan of the second ones as well.  Sorry, I would have loved to say save the money, but those Kate’s are gorgeous!

Post # 12
    3285 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

I think if you found some that looked more like the Kate Spades I would go with those…just not the biggest fan of the Vanellis.

Post # 13
    3285 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

how much are the kate spades?  There are some similar ninas you can get, in ivory with the d’orsay style.

Post # 14
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

If you will never ever wear them again, buy the cheaper ones. Although I like the Kate Spades better, I can’t justify buying shoes for an extra $200 UNLESS you will wear them again

What about getting them in a color? or is that too trendy for you? Because i’d lean towards getting them in a fun color you’ll rewear, like red.

But, if I spent the extra $200 I’d probably find ways to wear them again. White is coming back and I think you can wear white shoes nowadays without them screaming “nurse shoes!” particularly with khakis or dresses that have a lot of white on them.

Post # 15
    5263 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

I’m a big advocate for quality. I don’t have experience with Vanelli’s, but I do have Kate Spades that I love. They’re not always worth the cost, but many are. I would try them both on in this case. In my experience price really is directly related to quality and comfort… most of the cheaper “evening” shoes I have bought I retired immediately after buying designer shoes secondhand – I can actually wear them for hours on end without blisters! 

I think there’s a misconception out there that looks are all that there is to designer shoes, but that’s just not true. The detailing may be prettier and the designs a little edgier, but it’s also about quality.

So try them on, walk around for awhile, see what you like!

Post # 16
    1363 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

I really like the Kate Spades, but I could never justify spending that much more to myself.  If you’re never going to wear them again, either buy the vanelis or keep looking for something else.

The topic ‘Should I save $100 on these shoes??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors