Should I spend $900 upgrading to Chiavari Chairs?

posted 2 months ago in Decor
Post # 2
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I would 100% go with the conference chairs. No one (besides maybe you and your husband) is going to remember the type of chair they sat in. Save your money.

Post # 3
727 posts
Busy bee

Tbh, no one will remember the chairs. I don’t remember any of the chairs of any of the weddings. I’m sure you don’t remember most either

Post # 4
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Definitely don’t bother upgrading the chairs. Honestly no one cares! 

Post # 5
8873 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Marie2 :  I would not pay for the upgrade and I would not change any other elements to match the chairs. If you like the look of black tablecloths and there’s no difference in price, that would probably look fine, but it’s certainly not required. And I think it would be completely silly to change your bridesmaid dresses or other decor to match the venue’s chairs. 

Post # 6
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

I would definitely not upgrade!  Those standard chairs look way more comfortable.  No one will care and you’ll save big.

Post # 7
2741 posts
Sugar bee

I wouldn’t upgrade. Maybe add a touch of gray in the centerpieces to make it look like it’s on purpose. 

Post # 8
981 posts
Busy bee

I would upgrade personally. Not because anyone else will remember but, because I would remember and it would bother me. However, if it doesn’t bother you or your Fiance, don’t upgrade! Your guests aren’t gonna care one way or the other. 

I think doing navy tablecloths is a good compromise. It’s dark which will help mask them but still fits your colors. Don’t change your wedding colors regardless! 

Post # 9
401 posts
Helper bee

What are the cost of chair covers?

Post # 12
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2021

Honestly, I don’t see a point in spending $900(!!!) to “upgrade” chairs just because they might look a little bit nicer. If it doesn’t cost much to swap out to black tablecloths with a white runner or something, I’d say do that, but otherwise I just don’t think it’s such an eyesore that it really throws off the look enough to justify that kind of money. 

If it bothers you a lot you could look into renting or buying and then reselling chair covers. 

Post # 13
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2021

I think you also need to keep in mind that the top picture has nothing on the tables while the bottom one is all done up… That skews the look a lot! 

When you visualize all the stuff on the tables, the conference chairs suddenly just aren’t noticeable anymore. 

Post # 14
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

Marie2 :  If it’s in your budget, I would upgrade… but this is coming from someone who paid $600 to upgrade their chairs.

I know that my guests won’t notice, but I will notice in the pictures… which are forever. If you can afford it without cutting the cost of guest experiences like food, drinks, and entertainment I’d say go for it. 

Post # 15
8454 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Absolutely not worth it. As pp says, top pic shows a completely undressed table, which is not how it will be. Also , though l see what fi means, l wonder if black tablecloth as well as black chairs might be a bit much? I’d have maybe a pink cloth with black runners.

And/ or perhaps a chair sash/bow in pink or pale grey if you really don’t like chair covers. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors