Should I spend $900 upgrading to Chiavari Chairs?

posted 3 months ago in Decor
Post # 31
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2029

TheMrsTulip :  Yep!  My mom and I were discussing about chair covers once and I couldn’t remember who had what.  Each to their own, but In My Humble Opinion $900 is a lot to rent chairs.

Post # 32
534 posts
Busy bee

Hi Bee,

We had the same issue with our venue…Could you rent chair covers in white for cheaper?  I will admit i paid for the chair upgrade because the overall look of the wedding is super important to me. I also would change my whole colour scheme but i guess that depends on how set you were on your vision.

One of my bridesmaids did make a good point (which i ignored lol), but she said that no one is going to notice or remember the chairs at the end of the day.  They’ll remember the dress and teh food, but not the chairs…

Post # 33
41 posts
Newbee

Not worth it – especially if you are cost-conscious. With so many other things happening at the wedding, your guests will not care abou the chairs.

Post # 34
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Definitely not worth it!! Especially if you’re trying to save money. We had the most basic white plastic chairs imaginable at our wedding. Did anyone care? Nope. Does it spoil my favourite photo of the wedding (above)? Nope. £900 is so much money to spend on chairs, imagine what you could put that towards instead! Honeymoon?

Post # 35
3490 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - City, State

I have to agree with sparkosity :  , here. Chiavari chairs are the most uncomfortable chairs I’ve ever sat in. I’d much rather my guests be comfortable, especially if I had to fork over $1,000 for the added discomfort. 

As PPs said, no one really remembers what chairs look like so I don’t think it’s worth switching. 

Post # 37
3617 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

I am a chair freak so yeah, replacement chairs look much better. If they bother you can I spend the extra money. Even though it is in sane the cost of a wedding which I wouldn’t have it all myself ha ha!

Post # 39
803 posts
Busy bee

For me I would need to know what percent of your budget this is. Investing in something like this isn’t so ridiculous if you’re having a pretty nice wedding, but if you’re trying to come in at under say…$10k. Well, 10% of your budget on chairs is pretty silly!

The white resin chairs for $400 sounds like a nice compromise. 

My venue came with Chivari chairs but my venue was expensive as hell lol

Post # 40
1181 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Marie2 :  That would be a good compromise in terms of budget and look! That way you can still save $500 for whatever else you might want 🙂 

Post # 41
Hostess
1858 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

the resin chairs are soooooo uncomfortable though… 

Post # 42
1009 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvk :  really? Idk they’ve never bothered me. They’re no massage chairs but Beutel mkre comfy than Chivari.

OP I think the white resin chairs would be great! Much more reasonable price than the chivari and way more attractive than the conference chairs! 

Post # 43
Hostess
1858 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

dobby98 :  if they’re padded they’re oaky, if they’re not forget it.

Wouldn’t chair covers be cheaper anyway?

Post # 44
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

I’d say no because I think they’re super uncomfortable. Totally hurt my back. 

Post # 45
390 posts
Helper bee

I would not upgrade – 1K is a lot of money! Wouldn’t you rather spend it on your honeymoon than chairs?? 

Trust me I don’t recall what chairs I was sitting in any wedding I’ve attended – the guests don’t have anything to compare them too – they’ll just sit on them, not inspect them. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors