Post # 1
The wedding is March 23rd, and the invitations will be printed this week. Should we go ahead and send them, or wait until after the holidays? I don’t want any to get lost or forgotten, but we have several waves of invitations to go out depending on those who can’t make it. I’d hate for someone to get an invitation that asks them to RSVP by two days ago.
Post # 3
I would say to wait until after the holidays. Mail is super slow right now, plus a lot of people may be going out of town, etc. You wouldn’t want your invitations to get lost. If you’re wedding isn’t until the end of March, you still have plenty of time to get your invitations out.
Post # 4
We are waiting to send the invites out till Jan. I didn’t want them lost in all the Christmas card rush. The people that are coming know anyway when/date and that they are invited, because I knew we’d be later getting them out.
Post # 5
While I think most people know the date, the problem is we don’t know yet who can be invited. My mom has a list of forty people that “must” be invited, most of which won’t come, however. Our venue is pretty small, and one hundred people is almost pushing it. We kind of have to wait for rejections before sending out the next wave. And By The Way, excellent date!
Post # 6
We’re going to send them out in the next week, just because we have them and don’t want to wait too long. I think it will be fine!
Post # 7
Not to piggy-back off of this post, but I had the same question. Our wedding is March 9th and RSVP’s are due back by February 9th..
Post # 8
Another March 24th-er here. I’m sending mine out on January 1. I’m scared they will get lost in the holiday shuffle. My RSVP date ins’t until February 20th though.
Post # 9
We are sending our Save-The-Date Cards out now. I think it will be fine because the USPS trys to focus on customer service and not loosing stuff around the holidays because people judge them a lot on these few times.
Post # 10
We just sent ours out for our MARCH 10TH wedding. It is the first day of March Break, and we want to make sure everyone knows, plus we also have a possible b list, and are hoping to know sooner rather then later if we are sending those out.