(Closed) Should I wear my dress with the sash (belt) or without?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll:
    with the belt : (56 votes)
    44 %
    without the belt : (72 votes)
    56 %
  • Post # 17
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I like the idea of a sash but not that sash.   However, it does look beautiful without the sash also.

Post # 18
    50 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

That dress ia beautiful! I like it just the way it is. The pink is too distracting. That beadwork needs to be shown off!

Post # 19
    1042 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

sash looks out of place and cheap, I think it looks much more elegant with out!

Post # 20
    10972 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

How about without for the ceremony, so you can get the timeless photos, and with for the reception because it’s just beautiful? 😀

Post # 21
    862 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Dont like the belt. You’re dress and belt have two different personalities….they don’t work together and your dress is all beaded…you don’t really need anything.

Post # 23
    14 posts
    Newbee

No belt. In years to come you will be happy to simply sport that gorgeous dress of yours. Have a spark of colors by having a colored heel instead…..

Post # 24
    162 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I do like the look of it with a sash, just not this sash.  It just doesn’t seem to fit the dress.

Post # 25
    697 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Like the look of a sash.  Agree with others – not sure if *that* sash is the right one.

Post # 26
    3189 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

A sash could be cute…but not that one. It just doesn’t go with a wedding dress. Totally cute for other occassions, but not yout wedding. The dress is very elegant, whereas the sash…well, it’s a $7 sash from the mall, you can kinda tell. Nothing wrong with that, it’s just not very wedding-ish.

Post # 27
    1517 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I’d say without the sash, or maybe with a different sash, maybe a crystal one?

Post # 28
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Doesn’t look bad, but I prefer sashless on that dress.

Post # 29
    3026 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

love the sash! It brings in your waist and makes it look so tiny. I generally dont like a pop of color on a white dress but it actually works on you! 😀

Post # 30
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2011

agree with pp.. maybe wear it/a different sash for the reception only if you want to add that splash of color

The topic ‘Should I wear my dress with the sash (belt) or without?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors