(Closed) Should we delay the wedding?

posted 8 years ago in Weddingbee
  • poll: Should we delay the wedding?
    Yes : (11 votes)
    21 %
    No : (42 votes)
    79 %
  • Post # 3
    229 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

    Yiikes! Poor girl!!

    If it were me I’d go forward with the wedding but plan an aftershoot for when you’re all healed up so you can get some beautiful pictures sans nose cast!

    Post # 4
    5670 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

    Ohhh No!!! Can you take the cast off for the wedding an how swollen would it be? I agree with you and would hate to have my wedding pictures of me with a nose cast but changing your wedding date is going to be a huge headache especially this close. Are your vendors, venue,etc. still available in a couple of weeks? What about your guests, are any out of town? Are you having a large wedding because you will need to notify everyone? And since you are within 2 weeks of the wedding, isn’t your wedding fully paid for?

    Post # 5
    2208 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

    No, I would recommend that instead you call your photographer and see if he or she can work a deal for you so that you can have bridal portaits and a session with your husband done after the wedding.

    Post # 6
    546 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

    I would talk to my doctor and see if there is any chance of having the cast off early and how much damage there would be.

    Post # 7
    204 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

    OMG, that is awful and what horrible timing! If this happened to me, I wouldn’t cancel the wedding because it would be a logistical nightmare.

    And there is no way I would wear the cast to the wedding. I wouldn’t care what my doctor says, I’d take it off, hire an amazing makeup artist and cover it all up!!

    Post # 8
    561 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

    @TwinkleToesJMU:  Oooo TwinkleToes, that is what I was going to say. Let the artist do his/her work and then see if you can have a shoot after your nose is all healed so that you can do the close-ups. What a great story you’ll have! Get married, girl!

    Post # 9
    2634 posts
    Sugar bee

    I’d go forward with the wedding. 

    Post # 10
    3788 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

    Agree with the previous posters — go through with it as planned. It’s be such a waste to change it at this point, as long as you are physically up to it. Definitely see if you can schedule portraits for later. I am sure your wedding party will understand. Sorry you have to go through this!

    Post # 11
    1032 posts
    Bumble bee

    Oh no I am so sorry! I would have to agree with twinkletoesjmu! Take some photos with your HUSBAND (YIPEEE) and your dress at a later date, but take off the cast and cover up the evidence the day of, but to prevent any damage I would put it back on right away. I am so sorry, but CONGRATULATIONS!!

    Post # 12
    2204 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011


    Like most of the other bees- I say go forward with your original date and plan a photo shoot for a later date (think: you get to wear your dress twice!).

    Take it easy until your wedding day, I mean REALLY easy to minimize swelling and bruising. Lean on the people around you to get errands/last minute details taken care of.

    Good luck!!

    Post # 15
    385 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

    Oh you poor woman!  That majorly sucks, but I think you should go ahead and get hitched!  People have probably already made plans to come into town (maybe?) and you probably have lots of money down on the vendors.  If you delayed it, you might miss celebrating with important folks! 

    You can have a great time at your wedding, look beautiful, make lots of nose jokes (could you ask people to sign your cast?  Guestbook!) and then have another photoshoot in a month or two. 

    Gah.  Talk about bad timing.  Not that it’s ever a good time to break your nose!  I hope you feel better!

    Post # 16
    558 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

    That sucks, that’s all there is too it! But I agree, I think you should go ahead with the wedding, and work out something with your photographer so that you can take nose-cast-free pictures after you’ve healed.

    The topic ‘Should we delay the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors