(Closed) Should we postpone it…

posted 5 years ago in Vow Renewals
  • poll: Should We Postpone Our 10th Year Vow renewal?
    Yes Postpone It ! Duh : (7 votes)
    78 %
    Finish What You Started... Suck it up : (2 votes)
    22 %
    Other -Explain : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    1078 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

    i think u would end up losing money puting it off in the long run the money you likely put down and save the dates thing u have set u should just have ur vows celebrate 

    Post # 4
    330 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

    What would it cost you to postpone? Like, would your vendors charge you an extra fee?

    How much would you lose, and can you live without that money, if you just cancelled altogether and sold your dress?

    I mean, I hate to be blunt, but it’s a vow renewal. It’s wedding round 2 to the guy you already married.  It’s really a luxury, and it sounds like a luxury you absolutely cannot afford right now.

    If I were you, I’d be thinking about taking the hit with the money lost, selling off what you can, and maybe planning it for your 15 years.  It really doesn’t sound like you need the added stress of planning a vow renewal, financially OR emotionally, right now. 

    Post # 5
    3101 posts
    Sugar bee

    @Amandarhill:  I would skip the big trip and do it as planned with whoever can come.

    Post # 6
    3267 posts
    Sugar bee

    I would skip it.  It is a luxury you cannot afford.  What are you going to do if you car (that is almost dead) bites the dust.  You cannot use a vow renewal to get to work to support your family.

    Even if you will lose money, don’t throw good money after bad. 

    Maybe try again in a few years when you have a better financial situation.  Or have a down graded BBQ, or something else budget friendly that you can afford.

    The topic ‘Should we postpone it…’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors