Post # 61
i would postpone until next year – here in Austria it started 3 weeks ago, we have now about 1000 infected people. Without any restrictions we could have 2 million in May. With all the restrictions we hope to reach the peak of only 360.000 in 6 months.
At the moment we are only allowed to leave home for necessary work, buying food or helping others. All restaurants, non-food shops are closed. All church weddings have to be postponed. No sports, no children at the playgrounds, no school, no university. No meetings with more than 5 people are allowed.
Until yesterday courthouse weddings were possible with max. 20 guests at our courthouse.But this will also be changed.
My cousin plans to marry in August – at the moment I doubt it will be possible.
So as I said I would consider postponing until next year.
Post # 62
I am in the same boat. My wedding is April 25th and we have countless guests flying inot LAX from Canada including my FH’s parents, actually his entire family. We have decided to postpone to end of August. I don’t even know if that will be enough time for things to get under control. As other posters have said, we are in a completely unknown situation and no one knows where this will go. Vendors are not claiming Force Majeur and therefore all deposits would be forgone. It’s really difficult to make the gamble on what date to postpone because we just don’t know what will happen. At the end of the day we need to all be doing our part to try and help stop the spread. I’m so so sad and there are so many brides out there who are being impacted by this. To the OP, my heart breaks for you and hoping our new dates will be in the clear!
Note that a lot of the hotels will not allow you to move to next year and you will likely be forced into a cancellation if you can’t reschedule for this year. You also might be at an advantage because if a quarantine/lock down happens in Chicago that would be Force Majeur and you can get all your deposits back… assuming that clause is in your contract.
Post # 63
I am the minority here. I never wanted a wedding, we are just havving s amll destination reception (which I would be happy to cancel altogether)
HOWEVER, the courthouse part is very imporatn to me. Here in Canada it looks like you can’t get a marriage license anymore which I think can’t last long as it will creat chaos. Plus it requires less than 5 people. Is it the same in Austria or is it still allowed? Weddings and celebrations are not important at this time. However, the legal part is kind of important.
Post # 64
Are city hall weddings permitted. Here it’s not even thab bad but our city halls are closed I believe (I don’t want a wedding, just a courthouse at this point but it looks like it’s not possible anymore)
Post # 65
- Wedding: July 2021 - Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin
With the current situation, we just made the call to postpone our June 27 wedding to July 2 of next year. We feel so much better, but of course everyone has to do what works for them and their guests.
100% of our guests were traveling to Denver from across the country, and then renting a vehicle to get 1.5 hours into the mountains to our ski area lodge venue. Due to some unique situations, we had to get numbers to certain vendors in the next two weeks and after talking with guests, nobody wanted to make a commitment to travel at this time so we had to pull the plug for 2020.
Our vendors have been fantastic and completely understanding. To be considerate of their situation, we did decide to pay towards our remaining balances early because we both are still gainfully employed and know this is a tough time for small businesses.
As far as timing, we would’ve considered something at the end of this year, but with our venue being a mountain lodge, it is only open from late June until early September and the rest of 2020 is totally booked. 2021 only has Fridays and Sundays left so we grabbed the first available Friday instead of waiting for a Saturday in 2022.
That was long, but thought I’d share my situation! Best of luck with your choice, and congrats on your upcoming wedding (whenever that may be)!
Post # 66
How bad it is in not in officially diagnosed cases but in how many people presently carry the virus–and absolutely no one knows what that number is anywhere. You can have the virus for two weeks without manifesting a single symptom, yet all that time you’re passing the virus on to other people.
Post # 67
No, at the moment all weddings (courthouse and church) are not allowed, even the legal part is not possible here in Austria. At our courthouse there are usually 1000 weddings every year.
Divorces are also on hold, funerals are allowed, but with not more than 5 attendants, no ceremony only the burial at the grave.
At the moment we have 2800 infected people, 10 deaths – not so many in comparision to Italy or Spain, but restrictions are very strict at the moment, I fear for the next months.
Post # 68
Thank you for posting. So far the advice I’ve gotten re:packages revieced is leave out 3 days. My new cpap equipment 3 days AFTER it’s taken out of the box it was shipped in. It has memory foam? Is 3 days enough?!
Do I wipe down delivered groceries that cannot be set out for 3 days?
I’m asthmatic/ immunity issues. Trying to keep it together
Post # 69
I personally would postpone as much as that sucks. Because do you really want to be worrying right after? And all your guests worrying.
Plus basically overnight here (though they waited forever to make the call) we are banned from unnecessary gatherings of a certain number
So even if technically you can still have it there’s no guarantee you will be allowed to by that day.
Post # 70
Hi. Since current research (I take it one day at a time)shows the virus can live on plastic for up to 72 hours, I’m putting my shipped goods in isolation for three days, opening them on the forth. The box goes in isolation in the hall closet or in the gym closet. The virus has only shown an ability to live on cardboard for one day but I just feel more comfortable going the full three days. It can’t hurt. Personally, once I open a box on the fourth day, I consider it basically safe. I wash if it’s a washable object if I can as a back up measure. The reason I don’t open the box right away is because I consider it an unnecessary exposure to viable virions that might want off plastic inside and upwards for me to breathe. It may be unlikely but that’s the thing with viruses they love to do the unlikely. I can’t say that I recommend going against what your healthcare provider told you to do. I’m just sharing my personal routine especially about waiting to open the box. Please go ahead and wash everything that washable before using it. I just opened my son’s vitamin supplement today after “quarantining” it for four days. I then washed the plastic bottles with soap and water. It felt like Christmas.
ETA are we having this convo on the wrong thread? Sorry about that!