(Closed) Should we "settle" for a forever brilliant over amora?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Forever Brilliant now or Amora later?
    Wait for the amora! : (17 votes)
    59 %
    The forever brilliant will be fine! : (12 votes)
    41 %
  • Post # 3
    1176 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

    @babybee92:  I would not wait around for the Amora Gem, but would get an Amora moissanite. I would not get the forever brilliant.

    Alternatively I’d get a CZ placeholder & upgrade to the Gem.

    Post # 4
    394 posts
    Helper bee

    I decided to get an Asha as a placeholder till the Amora Gem is released in a couple of years. I know Asha’s need to be replaced every few years, so this was a great alternative for me! MoissyCo was amazing & they did a custom order for us with a MoissaniteCo setting with an Asha center stone! 

    Post # 5
    3063 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

    I suppose it depends on just how color sensitive you are.

    I have the original enhancement, because we purchased my ring before they had FB and/or Amora. To my understanding, the original enhancement shows a little more color than the FB enhancement. I am perfectly satisfied with my stone. Maybe order a loose FB stone and examine it for yourself. If you don’t like it send it back and wait for the Amora! Good luck! 🙂

    Post # 6
    1266 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

    Amora enhanced moissanite should be back in stock at BTD this month according to a recent update. Not sure if the OP is asking about the Gem or the enhancement (I think it’s kind of crazy/confusing that two different products are named so similarly).

    Post # 8
    5400 posts
    Bee Keeper

    @babybee92:  they’re hoping amora moissanite will be available this month, but they also have a large waiting list, which means if you’re not on it you may have to wait a few months for them to catch up. You should get yourself on the list!

    Post # 10
    1266 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

    @babybee92:  That sucks! Hopefully you can get it sooner rather than later – I think waiting for the Amora enhanced stone is worth it, though!

    Post # 11
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

    the fact that you’re asking if you should “settle” proves you aren’t too happy with the idea, so wait for an amora! It’s only a month!!! 

    Post # 12
    309 posts
    Helper bee

    I emailed back and forth with a moissyco rep the other day and he said they do in fact have ONE 1ct amora moissy in stock,


    and that  “hopefully” the other sizes should be back in stock by the end of the month, the lab is now in testing mode and have seen promising results and are tweaking a few things before launching in to full production mode

    The topic ‘Should we "settle" for a forever brilliant over amora?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors