(Closed) Show me out there & unique rings your alter ego would choose!

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 4
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I have a blue sapphire. My alter ego rings would be:

A .75 carat moissanite rose gold solitare

I can’t remember the name of the bee, but she has a padparadscha sapphire that I just die over. Oh or a garnet.

Post # 6
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’ve seen a lot of unusual rings in my recent search for THE ONE.

There is some really really modern hightech looking stuff out there is money isn’t an object (SO has been laughing how I can instinctly find the ring in the room that costs $ 10 K or more… I had a ring that cost $ 26 K on my finger the other day “by accident” in a Jewellery Store that specializes in Vintage / Estate pieces)

I also, saw a Triangular Cut Diamond the other day in a Solitaire setting … first time I’d ever seen that shape.  It was pretty cool.

I like unique things.  But I thought I might tire of such a ring … so the hunt continues.

Post # 8
5199 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2010

I got the unusual and untraditional rings I wanted…after having something still not “traditional” (but coloured stones were tradition before diamonds ever were!)

My original wedding ring in lower right corner – replaced due to allergies and discomfort. I did not have an ering before we married:

Old rings, also replaced due to allergies and not being my style reasons (my husband never liked them either!):

My forever rings! Totally “me”, we both love them, and no alter ego required as I honestly do not even think of wanting anything else now…these are sooo perfect for me:

Post # 9
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My brand-spanking new engagement ring (SQUEEEEE!) is unique compared to the norm. It’s a sapphire with a halo in white gold.

But of course, I also have an alter ego ring…

I absolutely LOVE morganite with rose gold, but a wedding band just seemed quite difficult with this ring. Aaaand I have this obsession with sapphires dating back to my days as an embryo…  😉

Post # 10
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

@MsMadHatter:  Lol, I hear ya.  I have quite a collection of semi-precious and precious stone jewellery, including rings (SO treats me like a Princess… he is so thoughtful with his presents)… the nice thing about these types of gems are there ARE SO MANY to choose from !!

Truthfully, since joining WBee, I’ve discovered a whole lot of gems I hadn’t even heard of, and I am a Jewellery Lover !!

Like yourself, it is very important to me that I get my ring choice right… as I connect a lot of sentimental value to the ring(s) that I wear that represent my marriage.  First time round, I wore my original rings for 20+ Years, never was interested in upgrading… because they well… WERE US.  They represented all of us… our youthful love, our hopes, our dreams, our modest beginnings, and our journey together thru the years.  I rarely ever took them off… they were hard wearing (solid gold, couldn’t afford much in the way of diamonds back then)… It was a very very difficult decision for me to take off those rings and call it quits on my marriage (lots of water under the bridge since then, but it still brings a lump to my throat)

I haven’t sold them… plan to keep them for my Daughter to give to her on her Wedding Day now that her Dad has passed on (with this note… Something OLD, Something TRUE, Something from your Mom & Dad… on this Special Day for YOU).  I figure they represent our union (what is left of it) and a way that she can have some way to connect with her Dad on her Wedding Day… he gave me those rings… now, in a way he is giving them to her.

Ya, I am a sentimental mush !!

Post # 11
2118 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My engagement ring is a violet sapphire solitaire set in a channel-set graduated diamond cathedral setting with a trellis. I love it! And I got exactly what I wanted, a little non traditional but still traditional. But my alter ego would totally want something with a vintage style! Maybe a cluster ring with violet sapphires… Something like this:

or like this but with violet sapphires:

Post # 12
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@MsMadHatter:  

@Saria213:  

I love these morganites! My alter ego would choose a gorgeous radiant aquamarine set in a vintage halo I saw at an estate jewelry store. I’ll post a picture of something similar if I can find it, but I doubt I’ll be able too. It was the only one I’ve ever seen like it. 

Post # 14
4478 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I love how it’s nature inspired and wearable.

Post # 15
2118 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@MsMadHatter:  I found it on OnceWed on a featured wedding page. I never saw anything like that ring before; didn’t even know rings like that existed. If I had known, I would have looked at rings like that with my Fiance. But I had no idea!

The topic ‘Show me out there & unique rings your alter ego would choose!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors