(Closed) Show me your $1000 or less dress!! Post who makes it/price to help other bees!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 31
23 posts
Newbee

Casablanca 2142 for $900 from a consignment store and a $15 veil from Light in the Box.

Post # 32
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

I ordered my dres from Tradesy, and it just got here yesterday! It’s a few years old but hasn’t been worn before; I think it was a sample and had just been sitting in the store for a while. Anyway, it’s a Mori Lee 6501 for $200.

You can’t tell, but there are buttons running all down the back.

Post # 35
10520 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
ladysugarbear :  

Oh you look perfectly lovely .  And your husband’s outfit  is great too, beautifully coordinated   ( and worn , if I might  say so …)

Post # 36
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
kkkatieB12 :  I just saw that ModCloth dress yesterday and was tempted to order it just to try it on!

I’m also a fan of PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com. I got this sample dress from a shop for $800. It retails for ~$1600. From the Willowby Watters line. 

Post # 37
464 posts
Helper bee

I’ve decided to buy a back up dress for $200 from a consignment store – it’s in near perfect condition (2015 dress and is apparently discontinued already. Lillian West)

pictures of the actual dress

Post # 38
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Willowby by Watters Penelope (bronze with ivory lining): $US970 from BHLDN.

Post # 40
23 posts
Newbee

View original reply
futremrswhite17 :  Youre welcome, my veil wasnt fancy, but I actually got many compliments on it and it photographed well.

Post # 41
262 posts
Helper bee

$860 

Post # 43
199 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
sarahabee :  Can you tell me about the fit and quality? I’ve had that dress pinned for a while and keep going back to it! Do you have a pic of you in the dress? 

Post # 44
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Grand Sunset Princess, Riviera Maya, Mexico

View original reply
shakeyourhips :  sure. The only negative about the dress is the zipper is hard to get up I may have that replaced. It is rather long but I am 5’8 so it works for me. I may have the slit adjusted it hits me at a weird spot and I am small chested so I may have sturdier cups put in and the straps adjusted. I bought a small and it fit well I am about 135 lbs and as I said 5’8-5’9 without shoes. I took some up close pictures for you of the material let me know if you want to know anything else. I think it will be perfect for our beach wedding!! I haven’t hung it yet it does not come with a garment bag so I am still holding it in the original box, hence the wrinkles. It needs a good steam. 

Post # 45
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Grand Sunset Princess, Riviera Maya, Mexico

View original reply
shakeyourhips :  and i forgot to mention that the main reason i bit the bullet on it was the return policy. I figured if I didn’t like it i could always send it back 🙂 now i just need to figure out accessories

The topic ‘Show me your $1000 or less dress!! Post who makes it/price to help other bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors