(Closed) Show me your $1000 or less dress!! Post who makes it/price to help other bees!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 77
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
A11eycat :  eeeek. You’re the first bride I’ve seen with a Lillian West gown. Gorgeous! She is my absolute favorite designer, her dresses are to die for! It’s such a shame she’s so unpopular =/

Post # 78
464 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
tashanicole12 :  thank you! My first dress is a Moril Lee, but I loved the silhoutte and simplicity of Lillian West. Very very happy with that purchase!

Post # 79
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
A11eycat :  Oh a great purchase indeed! I wish her gowns were in my budget. I had a tiny budget but I’m always going to recommend her to future brides! Haha. 

Post # 80
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
aquabee :  i wore this one as well (in ivory) – i got mine for $650!

Post # 81
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

View original reply
pamelina22 :  yay dress twins! I am absolutely in love with this dress. You look stunning in it! Is it bustled in the pictures or did you opt out of the train altogether? 

Post # 82
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - City, State

Notsosimplefate: Thank you! You look beautiful in it too!  I thought it was such a beautiful,  classic dress so I’ve been surprised I haven’t seen it much on this site…then again,  I’ve learned there are just sooo many beautiful dresses out there (as shown on this post!)

I ordered it without a train… From what I could see online,  it looks like it might be a little challenging (and kind of expensive)  to bustle in a pretty bustle but certainly can be done. I also thought my bridesmaids would have trouble bustling it and I was probably right as  my bridesmaids didn’t even help me into my dress.  I found one picture of a bride with a similar dress and a nice looking bustle…let me know if you want me to send it to you!

Post # 83
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
pamelina22 :  I was surprised I haven’t seen it more often also with the reasonable price too! I think part of it is it doesn’t look as good on the model on the site. I had completely overlooked it until the lady pulled it for me since I was having such a tough time deciding on a dress. I love that you didn’t add a belt to it also. I don’t plan on adding one either. Did you wear an a-line slip under it? If you have the link to the bustle I’d appreciate it!

Post # 85
154 posts
Blushing bee

Notsosimplefate: You’re right!  It doesn’t look as good on the model.   And why on earth are none of these models smiling?  My consultant was very nice and picked it out for me,  too.  I even sent the manager there a note after our wedding,  commending her for being such a  friendly,  knowledgeable,  and not pushy consultant!  

Here is the link about the tulle bustles:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/tulle-bustle-problemhelp

It looks like most brides add a belt to this dress, but I didn’t even consider it.  I’m rather short waisted so I don’t think a belt would look good on me.  

I wore the 2-tier medium Fullness A-line slip from David’s Bridal… And boy,  do their slips run small!  My dress was a 6 and my slip was a 12. I originally ordered a 10 which I had tried on in the store and seemed to fit well,  but despite losing a couple pounds, I couldn’t breathe very well (just a small problem!) in  my new size 10 slip. I was able to easily exchange it but just be mindful that the slip samples you try on might be stretched out a bit.  

I think some people use no slip or a fit &flare slip under it… So it just depends what silhouette you like. I’m a little more traditional and conservative so I wanted a dress with some poof!  😊 I turned it inside out and sprayed the tulle on the slip with Magic Sizing the night before to make it a bit poofier.  

Post # 86
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
pamelina22 :  I think my consultant was getting tired of my indecision but she was still great! The manager was wonderful she let me exchange dresses twice! The second was after I’d had it for a few weeks. 

Thank you for the links! 

I have the a-line slip but not the 2-tier. I tried it on without a slip initially but the dress kept bunching funny in the front on me.

I’ll have to keep the magic sizing in mind in case I need some extra poof. I love how classy the dress is while still having fun poof!

Did you get your dress in white or ivory? Mine is ivory. But in natural light it looks white lol

Post # 88
154 posts
Blushing bee

notsosimplefate:  I’m glad to hear DB worked well for you with exchanges–from what I read, some DB stores are perhaps not so customer service centered.  The 2- tier slip might give the dress a little more body for you which I think would look really nice on you, but then I’m a little biased to a bit of poof!  

I got it in ivory, too…and then I tried to explain the difference between white and ivory to my DH…he was a little confused because it does look white!  🙂  My consultant said ivory would probably be better for my coloring and now from what I read, it sounds like  ivory is generally a little more flattering for most people.  

Post # 89
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
mermaidlagoon :  Braxton! I added the sleeves though. 

Post # 90
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
pamelina22 :  yeah I had my heart set on white since we are getting married at the valley of fire:

And I thought white would pop more. But the consultant pointed out the details are sometimes lost in white and whatnot so I went with ivory and when I got the dress in the sun it looks white. So win win.

ill have to try on the two tier when I go in for alterations and see which one I like better. I just love how your skirt sits!

Post # 91
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Mine was custom made on Etsy, as I wanted a dress with long sleeves for religious reasons.  The designer is Inge from Wardrobe by Dulcinea.  She has lots of beautiful bridal separates in all kinds of styles, so I would definitely check her out.  She made this dress modest, but she has corsets, cami tops, etc.  She made it to the 26 measurements I sent her, so I did not have to get it altered at all!  

The topic ‘Show me your $1000 or less dress!! Post who makes it/price to help other bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors